Greetings Reef Sanctuary Community!

ELK17

My son and I have been active marine aquarium enthusiasts for 3 years. My son started out with a 15 gallon fresh water tropical fish tank about 7 years ago to start and always wanted to get a marine aquarium. We purchased a used Red Sea Max 250 litre aquarium to launch us into the beautiful work of salt water fish and reef aqua-scapes. We have come to rely upon the expertise of the Reef Sancuary Community for many of the more technical aspects of maintaining a slat water tank. For example:

- When we bought our used aquarium, the cooling fans in the hood were not functioning properly. Replacing them was a major undertaking, but with the assistance by a RS member who had posted detailed step-by-step instructions and pictures of how to carefully disassemble and install the new fans, we were able to complete this rather complicated procedure successfully.

- We have also used Reef Sanctuary to learn about algae management. We currently have an outbreak of green hair algae, and someone suggested to us that we should try API's AlgaeFix. Since we live in Canada, we cannot purchase this product here. Based upon the mostly positive reviews of the product by the RS community, we drove down to the US this afternoon to pick up a bottle and we'll try it out.

- We are considering purchasing a UV sterilizer in the near future to assist with our algae control and will use the Reef Sanctuary reviews to learn what has worked for other aquarists.

We are currently renovating our house and have had to put our aquarium into our garage for the past 6 months - not an optimal environment. However, the end is in sight with our renovation and should be able to move the tank back inside (we have the tank base on rollers!) and stabilize it.

Many thanks to the Reef Sanctuary community for past assistance and look forward to participating in the forums as we continue to learn more of the finer points of reef keeping.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Elk, Great 1st post !

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics