Green Finger Macroalgae

My LFS gave me some free Green Finger macroalgae. (That store is the best.) This is my first time owning macroalgae, and I know basically nothing. Do Green Fingers like lots of light? How much flow? Placement? Thanks!

DaveK

This is usually considered a good macro algae to have, but it rarely thrives. If I were trying to keep it, I'd use moderate flow and light, but this is only a guess on my part. Perhaps others have kept it for a long period and can give better advice.

Pat24601

This is usually considered a good macro algae to have, but it rarely thrives. If I were trying to keep it, I'd use moderate flow and light, but this is only a guess on my part. Perhaps others have kept it for a long period and can give better advice.

On a related note, I was thinking of a macroalgae to color up my FOWLR.

Does that work or do the fish eat it?

I know nothing about macroalgae.

DaveK

On a related note, I was thinking of a macroalgae to color up my FOWLR.

Does that work or do the fish eat it?

I know nothing about macroalgae.

A lot of macro algaes are fairly easy to keep. Many also grow fast, so often you only need a small sample to get things going. Some will even tend to over run a tank.

As a note some species of Caulerpa mostly taxifolia are considered a noxious weed and are not legal to keep in some places.