Green Chromis injury

bearlytame

I just moved a 150 gallon aquarium from someone who was getting rid of theirs, and I'm still in the process of getting everything set up on that. In the mean time, I have the fish from the aquarium in a 20 gallon quarantine tank until my chemistry in the big tank is stable. Unfortunately, over the last few days, one of my green chromis has been injured. I'm not sure who the instigator is, so I've removed the injured one and placed him in a small 2.5 gallon tank until I can get something bigger set up.

He was housed with two tomato clowns and 2 green chromis (total of 5 fish). He has a pretty large lesion on his head, and he's extremely stressed (partially because I just chased him around with a net and moved him to a new place).

Is there anything I should treat him with? Should I keep him separated? Should I push up my timeline of getting everybody back in the big tank?

I've had the liverock in the big aquarium since last Thursday, and I just added some Turbostart yesterday.

Sorry for the poor quality picture, I don't want to stress my dude more than I have to!

Attachments

• 20190402_112356.jpg
    20190402_112356.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 4

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS ! tomato clowns can be pretty mean... and moving I am sure stresses then out... you don't want to put them back in the big tank until it cycles... are you using the same live rock from the old tank? If so the cycle could be small.. maybe just some die off from the move... test for ammonia & nitrites ... both deadly...

See what others advise...

Check out the stickies here...
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?forums/fish-diseases-treatments.155/

Uncle99

You say injured, what’s it look like?
Is the area red?
Are fins frayed?
Some more details?

Last edited: