Green bubble tip anemone

draf

Hi everyone! I am new to this website and the hobby as well! I have about 5 months with my aquarium. It is a 29 gallon with a 10 gallon sump. The sump does have a skimmer and live rock and sand. I have a 130watt odyssea light fixture. I have many question but i do have one in particular i would like to see if anyone can help me out. So i recently bought a green bubble tip anemone and it looks healthy to me but i want to see what you guys think, im not sure how they act or look. My tank is stocked with to clownfish and a fiji puffer aka as the blue spotted puffer. I also have 2 snails and 3 crabs which are my cleaning crew lol and they do a very good job. They left my rocks very clean. Anyway, i drip acclimated the GBTA for about an hour and a half. I then set him on my rock and he stayed there most of the day i got back home from work around 1 am and he was still there. I turned my lights off and i woke up like around 3 am and he was moving around on the sand. I dont know if thats bad or good. But id like to show you guys a pic of him. I just dont know how to post a pic lol. Any help is greatly appreciated and im open to any suggestions and tips.

sirrealism

First off welcome to RS. Lots of great people here to help you out. As far as the BTA moving it is very normal for them to move around until they find there happy spot. Then most of the time they will stay in one place. As far as pics you have to have 5 posts first then use something like photobucket to load them.

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Here are some instructions on posting photos.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/66049-1-way-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html

ocali.gif

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi draf :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Hope to see Ya get your 5 required post so you can post pictures :thumbup:
We L:heart:VE PICTURES :camera:
Very BEST WISHES....:biker

draf

Thanks to all those who have commented to try and help! Im glad theres many here to help me :) i also have another problem lol

draf

I seem to have a brown algae problem that i cant seem to get rid of :/ so recently i have started to cut down on the hours i use my lights, i still have to see if that helps any but im worried my anemone wont get enough light. What do you guys think?

draf

I also bought a phosban and put it in my hob filter, i do have a sump but i use the hob to get any small debris floating in my tank. I tested my water 2 days ago and phosphates were at .5ppm which is really high i believe and i tested it this morning and they were down to .25 ppm so i guess its an improvement right? Lol

reefer gladness

Can you post full test results and tell us a little more about how you maintain the tank? Water change schedule, etc. and confirm your water source. Algae issues are common for new tanks but can also be maintenance issues like using tapwater.

FWIW, the standard advice given for prospective anemone owners is to wait until the tank is at least a year old. This has just as much to do with the learning curve of the aquarist as it does the maturity and stability of the aquarium. The mere fact you're experiencing nuisance algae problems and trying to correct high phosphate levels indicates it was too soon for the nem to be added.

You'll pull through okay I'm sure. Just confirm water quality and maintenance habits etc. and we'll make sure you're on the right track.

Also, at some point you'll need to find another home for the puffer, it will outgrow a 29g tank pretty quick.

RoDogVillan

That brown algae is most likely your diatom bloom. Dont worry about it nothing is wrong its natural especially if you started woth dry base rock and live sand. They are full of silicates and the diatoms feast on these do water changes and they will go away on there own. Lastz about 2 weeks usually