Green Bubble Algae

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Seems like there is always something to start a saltwater panic about in my mind. :mad:
The last two nights I've had GBA nightmares.
I know I shouldn't let it worry me AGAIN....But I am!!
Ok, so night before last....I got to looking & saw a couple of serious looking patches of GBA.
Too late to mess with it so I went to bed. Tossed & turned thinking about GBA :(
So after work yesterday, I turned off all water circulation & armed myself with 3 different pairs of tweezers. Got out every bubble that I could see (there were lots :confused:) BEFORE I went to bed.
Then....More GBA nightmares :eek:!!
I dreamed I was changing a baby diaper & instead of diaper rash (YEP, you might of guess it already))). YIKES, GBA!
I guess I'm going GBA CRAZY:mad::confused::(

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Hahahahaha at least you were able to get it out. I got a fox face fish.....dude destroys it, I love him!

Tell me again exactly which species of foxface you got? I was thinking about getting one of those too so I wouldn't have to toss all of my LR out the window.

Pat24601

I just had a GBA experience. It was all on the rocks on a set of 4 acan frags I bought months ago. So, not sure if it's been there a while and I just noticed it. I got it all out (with tweezers), but we will see what happens. I don't see it anywhere else. Fingers crossed.

Definitely a good cause for nightmares.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I started with ONE BUBBLE on the tube of a Feather Duster tube worm.
It seemed that I removed it successfully but NO :( ....it came back and then in several places. I've been keeping somewhat under control for almost 2 years.
It's a constant battle but manual removal has kept it to a minimum so far.
I kinda have my doubts that it will ever be completely gone from my tank.
:(:mad::confused::mad::(

Pat24601

I hear ya. I'm hoping that because I caught it at the source it didn't spread, but I know there is a very good chance that isn't true. Probably a forever problem, like you said.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It's not a fun thing to deal with for sure Pat!
I have started to only siphon it out because of the tiny sprouts that get away when trying to remove it by hand or with tweezers. I use my hose and a filtering sock hanging down into the sump. Doing it when I see it and not waiting until WC day is my plan of action.
It surely can't take over...CAN IT?? :rocket:

Pat24601

Looks like my GBA problem was NOT nipped in the bud. I'm trying to decide what to do about that. Not a happy camper. I just found small bits of it basically all over my tank.

Focxface Lo is too big for my 65 gallon tank. I thought of emerald crabs, but most people I talk to say that doesn't really work. I'm not sure I'm thrilled about manual removal of increasing difficulty for the rest of my tanks life. I already had some in some places that were nearly impossible to reach and I'm sure my extraction didn't go perfect as a result.

I thought some prominent folks here boiled the live rock and started over. I actually wouldn't be all that opposed to that if I had a good way to take care of my livestock while my DT was cycling etc.

cracker

I also have a serious GBA issue. I t was introduced from 2 large pieces I ordered. Been fighting it for years. To be honest I'm not sure if its possible to get rid of it with out nuking the rock in some way.

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
I've been picking GBA out with tweezers, and a siphon, for about 6 months now. Every time I think I have it beat, more pop up. I find myself inspecting every inch of the tank now. Yesterday, I realized I haven't looked much at the back wall. There must have been 100 GBA all over the wall. I stated picking them out with tweezers, but kept dropping them. I decided to turn the MP10s on full blast which got them into the water column so I could fish them out with my net. I know many of them landed somewhere I can't seen them. Haven't yet had GBA nightmares...but I'm getting close.:fire:

Coraljunkie

I've got it in my tank unfortunately. At first I was kind of freaking out about it but I tried the emerald crab route. I got one small female that has done fine so far but I'm currently acclimating a second small female to help, btw the female I'm acclimating is carrying eggs