Got first corals- finger leather,frogspawn,gargonia,star polyps,mushroom-help

Doogle

Okay I got em sitton in the tank still in the bags. I got frogspawn, finger leather, handful of zoos, gargonia,purple mushroom,star polyps,pep shrimp a couple n.snails. How should I place them, I don't have the best light as some of you know, should I place the gargonia and frog spawn at the top and the everything else in the middle to bottom?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just for safety sake acclimate slowly and I start about everything at the bottom n move em up depending on how they respond over the next few days.

........I love the smell of reef rock in the morning.

engineer goby

wow you don't waste anytime do ya, that a big haul for first coral purchase. Just don't do what I did, my first coral was a Finger leather and I didn't know that they pout so after I week I was afraid it was dead and didn't want it to pollute my tank so I tossed it :smack:

Doogle

Okay here's a pic, star polyps are closed up and the zoo in the middle that you can't see well is a cool orange color
21FEFDDD.jp

engineer goby

Picture didn't work.
GSP may stay closed for a couple of days. They get annoyed easy but will adjust and spread like warm butter.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
wow you don't waste anytime do ya, that a big haul for first coral purchase.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner :)

Yes that's a bit of a first step. You're gonna learn baby steps are the way to win at this marathon we call REEFING :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You're probably going to want to get them unattached to the shells sooner than later.

Doogle

Okay , how should I go about it ? Don't wanna hurt em...also does the frog spawn really sting you.

lbiminiblue

Okay , how should I go about it ? Don't wanna hurt em...also does the frog spawn really sting you.

nope, not really, they might give you a bit of a prickly feeling, nothing worse, at least not in my case...but my brain actually stung, and it was pretty bad for a coral...but then again fire coral hurts like mad

Therapy

BTW...you can put the Gorgo on the bottom. Don't know your particular species but last I knew they are a filter feeders only (mostly) and typically don't last as they require extreme nutrient rich waters to thrive. Oh wait...is that Gorgonian or Gargonia?

Doogle

Concerning the gorgowhatever, Im new and don't know but I'd like it if someone could ID it. I got a pic of it open , just go to forums- REEF CHRONICLES -Doogle's 359g and counting, my tank diary