"Golden Gates" Hybrid Dutch Nano Photo's

Thought I'd post one of my Freshwater tanks here, will post photo's of it every now and then.
Hope you all enjoy and if you do like or leave a comment lemme' know watcha think :)

2i0t7di.jpg

I agree DaveK most newcomers to the FW hobby don't even know plants exist... I have seen people on forums react to the fact there are such things as aquatic vegetation. Sad and funny.
here is a plant list of the plants in that tank..
Syngonanthus sp. 'Belem'
Syngonanthus sp. manaus
Alternanthera reineckii
Pearlweed
Ludwigia arcuata
Ludwigia repens
Ludwgia rubin
Hydrocotyle japan
Cryptocoryne balansae

DaveK

It's a great looking tank, but trimming all the plants is too much work for my tastes. My planted tank is more of a jungle effect, with the plants still seeming to grow out of control.

Since this is a SW forum, and many here likely don't understand what they are looking at, here are a couple of links to styles of mostly FW aquascapeing.
http://www.theaquariumguide.com/articles/7-aquascaping-styles-for-aquariums
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquascaping

As a note to others, FW planted tanks variations often follow very strict sets of rules if your going to enter them in a show that's going to be judged. Too many plant species for a given size tank, or a wrong plan or fish species for a biotype tank can really lower an otherwise good tank in the eyes of the judges.

@DaveK since im a guy who likes to stay more busy than others usually, I like the trimming! find It fun, and relaxing. And it really pays off when its freshly trimmed. Ill take a pic soon and post it at its best. I have another tank (temp.) right next to it so Full Tank Shots are limited. Also when you trim plants you can sell them, this is a five gallon and every trim (weekly) I make 80$ plus. Not including the other tank and emersed setups which need trimming every 2 weeks, and the emersed never needs a trim because its strictly for selling. Gets trimmed once purchased.
Post a pic of your tank?

Also that first pic on my last photo bombs wasn't mine, I use tinypic so sometimes they get mixed up with image direct links I guess, idk, I don't know how that stuff works but It got mixed up with another link from someone elses image lol!

DaveK

@DaveK I saw you on TPT??? Why didn't you tell me you where on there :) im on Barrreport and APC though since TPT has become corrupt.

I don't usually mention that I'm on other forums unless there is something specific I'm referring someone to.

I read the other forums you mention from time to time, but am not active in them. I don't want to be spread too thin. There are just too many today.

PM me about what you consider corrupt about TPT. I've never really had a problem.

DaveK nah I understand :) I just plainly mean the moderator team. I and many others have bad experience with a certain mod (SWS). So does HoppyCalif, don't feel the need to PM and get into more so called drama about that junk.

DaveK

I've never had a problem with a moderator on an aquarium forum. I did on other forums. What I did was to private message the moderator, explaining why what they did was wrong, and give them a chance to correct their actions. If that failed to work, I'd them PM the forum owner, and complain to them. Usually that gets the problem resolved. If not, well, then it's time to move on.

yungreefer2410

I've set up a 20g long low tech a year or two ago for my mom. It runs absolutely great, looks very good, though not as good as yours! She does a fair bit of trimming as well.

When you trim and resale, do you let them root first or do you just trim them and off they go? I'm not well versed on the propagation of fw plants.

DaveK

When you trim and resale, do you let them root first or do you just trim them and off they go? I'm not well versed on the propagation of fw plants.

This depends on the type of plant your dealing with. Plants like Val and swords reproduce with runners so you can let the new plants root, and once established, cut them off from the parent plant. Plants like crypts will form new plants from the root system, so you can see the new plants just sort of showing up. Once they get a little size, you can carefully uproot them. With most stem plants you just clip them back. Then you can sell or trade the tops. If what is left looks shabby, remove it, and replant with a scetion of the top you cut off. Floating plants usually just divide, so you just take out what you don't want and sell ot trade that.

Keep in mind that your plant may grow faster than you can find people that want them. So you may end up tossing some of them. What ever you do, never ever put any aquarium plant back into the wild. Many can become invasive species, especially in warm areas, and there are massive fines in many states for doing this.

yungreefer2410

They have been going to the composting pile I have been told. They live in Florida, they know not to do that sort of thing (I have told them as well).

Thanks for the info DaveK