goin to jamaica mon

saltcreep

:happywalk were headin out 1st of dec ,:smoking: has anyone brought anything back from there
if so what & where, I'm talking about corals,dont know the laws out there or even customs.I figured i'd ask first ? :dunno:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I did a LOT of snorkling while there but didn't touch anything. I'll never forget the HUGE brain coral I saw.. it was awesome. Have a great time and do climb a water fall while you're there!
:whstlr:

saltcreep

im definately going to take a ride out to dunns river. Im taking my 3yr old boy to sandals beaches in negril he'll love it,I just taught him how to swim, gonna take him snorkling

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Saltcreep, beware the CITES duppies mon,stick with the rum, have a great trip. If you can access a comp please send us pictures as I desperatly require a holiday, thanks Steve

corallimorph

Has been struck by the ban stick
I agree with Sasquatch,unless you have all of your permits in hand....enjoy your vacation!...you DON'T want to be in a Jamaican jail. -Dave

deaclauderdale

Jamacian jails are no fun trust me I'm from there. Also if you feel comfortable enough try to go and see one of the secluded beaches, there will be much better diving hence the absence of people. I grew up in the Trelawney parish in Falmouth and we would go out to halfmoon bay and its beautiful, but because I wasn't into this hobby yet I didn't realize what I was priviliged to be among, and I haven't been back in years altough I am going next year. Have a great time for you and me!!

boozeman

:drooool: jerk chicken
dunns river falls was fun to climb..I did manage to get a box of cohibas
(cuban cigars) out without a problem :invisible: when i went to ocho rios a few years ago
ps. a bit of booze trivia...Jamaica is the only place where you can get wray and nephews rum at its full 151 proof..everywhere else its only 126 proof

flyline

ive been to jamaica twice and from what i understand you cannot bring any plant or animal back with you into the states now i have brought back rum wood carvings and the usual vacation gifts but if you do bring back any plant of animal you could face a fine and it being taken away from you. if you have never been to jamaica have fun it is a great place with wonderful people.:whstlr:

Jiddy

Heres my experince: my buddy was flying up from FL, and he was going to give me a frag out of his tank. He called the airport ahead of time, and since the coral would of been in water, they said no, since the no liquid effect was in place at the time (may still be) Just a little FYI

Jiddy

Last edited: