Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Leo

good for you!!! You've been one of my biggest helpers, so i can only imagine the overflowing amount of help and ideas you will be receiving!!! I've done my set up very slowly. have been cycling for over a month now. just ordered my cuc'c for next week. taking it slow....

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi newo, I will work on that ... :) I love to look of the tank with the leds, but sharing it in pics, is a bit of a challenge - so far I can't get good pics - the only downside, I need to get out my Cannon & do some work in Photoshop.

Pat24601

Thanks for asking... I am Absolutely Loving them !
I just learned how to use my Typhon controller yesterday... :nessie: it's very simple but I was going slow and didn't want to mess anything up... having now adjusted the percentage once, I can now do it in less than a minute... I am now an expert :winky:

I started at 40% & just yesterday when up to 45% I plan get to 50% in the next week or so... and maybe one day to 70%

The thought of no more bulbs to buy makes me smile & I am really enjoying Sunrise / Sunset, all my corals seem to be thriving :)

Very happy with my purchase.

Glad to see it's going well! I know anything new can be a bit intimidating, but once you get used to it, it's really easy.

Pat24601

Hi newo, I will work on that ... :) I love to look of the tank with the leds, but sharing it in pics, is a bit of a challenge - so far I can't get good pics - the only downside, I need to get out my Cannon & do some work in Photoshop.

I haven't quite figured this out either. The blues end up being difficult to capture on standard iphone cameras at least. I do sometimes turn my blues off and take a shot, but it sounds like they don't have the dimmers in your version? So, while not "hard", that's even a bit more painful and regardless doesn't capture what it really looks like.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My Starry Blenny

04C3989F-DC34-489F-8FDD-341ACA81E386.jpg

Pat24601

I'm going to have to be more careful what I say if someone is actually going to listen to me.

I'm not 100% sure it was the thing that helps as I'm usually doing more than one thing at once, but boy it sure seems to. Of course, if your phosphates are fine, I'm not sure you'll notice.

That reminds me, I need to swap mine out.

Rini

funny thing is, some people are fighting the phosphat to get out of the tank, and some are dosing it just to get it into the tank. I know both :)

How do you like your led lights Glenn? Worth it?
And more, is it easy to build in? I have visited the website where you have it from, but I do not much understand of it. We both (Danielle & Me) saw a few tanks with led, and we noticed that some corals are shine and looking better with led lights. So we are thinking about it, but probably just over 1 year or so.
My niece has more blue and this really is looking beautiful over the day. Mine is standard lighting and that is pretty much : bright :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Loving my Stevesleds - my RSM 250 is 4 years old, have bought over $600 in T5 bulbs and I know one day, I would have to replace fans, ballast, timers, ect... Steve actually developed the new "drop in" using my hood, the pic in the link below is my hood... so I didn't actually install it, but it looks pretty easy - Pat may can tell you more, he installed his & it was the model before the new "drop in" - these are high end leds using the best available leds, very happy with them. Sunrise & Sunset is very cool too. One of the best upgrades I have ever done.

This will be a drop in replacement, no cutting, no drilling, no modifications and 100% stock look of your hood. Just remove your old T5's lighting out of your hood, and drop this LED upgrade fixture in it's place.

http://shop.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-250-C250-SPS-Grade-LED-Upgrade-8794102433.htm

Pat24601

funny thing is, some people are fighting the phosphat to get out of the tank, and some are dosing it just to get it into the tank. I know both :)

How do you like your led lights Glenn? Worth it?
And more, is it easy to build in? I have visited the website where you have it from, but I do not much understand of it. We both (Danielle & Me) saw a few tanks with led, and we noticed that some corals are shine and looking better with led lights. So we are thinking about it, but probably just over 1 year or so.
My niece has more blue and this really is looking beautiful over the day. Mine is standard lighting and that is pretty much : bright :)

Not to take up Glenn's tank thread with a discussion on lighting, but since my name was brought up, I'll say I flat out love my LEDs. An amazing upgrade I wouldn't think twice about doing again.

That said, aesthetics are very personal and some people here haven't liked the LED look...or at least taken a while to get used to it. So, I have no idea if you'd like LEDs or not.

Also, I didn't consider the install at all difficult, but what I did consider it was tedious because I wanted to be super careful I didn't screw up. If I was doing it a second time, it wouldn't even be tedious. Just doing anything you don't understand for the first time can be confusing.

They've made the process easier since I did it.

DonG

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

After a lot of thinking about it and being inspired by our RSM club 250 owners (plus the fact that I have had great success with my wonderful 130D and having decided my room just would not fit a RSM 500) today I just purchased a new reef tank, a Rea Sea Max 250
009.gif

Very excited ... as this upgrade will allow my currently very crowded corals more space, the option to add more and possibly (bigger fish), the fun of starting up a new tank (with a better knowledge base than my first tank) and getting to add more corals under the 250s T5 lights.

Any advise will be much solicited and any words of wisdom will be much appericated !

I bought it from the same place that I bought mt 1st RSM 130D, thatpetplace (serving pet owners and hobbyists since 1973) just put the RSM 250 on sale 10% off with coupon code "saveten", been waiting for this... I like good deals.

Product Item # Max 250 Aquarium Kit - Black - FREE SHIPPING
$1,529.99 Max 250 Aquarium Kit - Black - FREE SHIPPING | Aquarium Kits | Aquarium Kits & Fish Tanks | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com
Awesome!!! Good Luck - I'm sure that you'll enjoy it !!!!