Glassholes.com

odetosilence

Hello all!,

Ok, where to start? I am almost 37 and have kept pretty much all kinds of aquarium since the age of 6. Now that is not meant to get oos and ahhs. that is meant to highlight the number of times I have done things wrong and learned hard lessons. I am currently on a mission to set up my biggest tank ever. It is a modest 75 gallon. I figured since I have an empty space below my staircase it would make for a great fishroom. Now how to get water from my fresh new tank to the fish room on a budget? Enter Glass-Holes.com. Seems like the best Idea ever. Until costumer service... So one of the constant themes on the sales site is over $100 free shipping. Unfortunately, add more than $100, and all they say is we will give you shipping back later. I asked

"Quick question. If you went to a restaurant that you had never been to before and before they served you a $100 dinner that told you that they were going to charge you $12 and then pay you back later, would you buy, or walk out?"

Seemed a very reasonable question.

The response....

"The checkout page tells you how our site works. If you are not comfortable with this, shop somewhere else."

In other words, we are not going to make things work properly for you peons, so get lost.

Now my aquarium sense is tingling. I would give every scrap I had to a fellow tank junky. This guy won't even correct the free shipping that is advertised right under their main banner on their homepage for a paying customer??

Thanks,
Jason,
I'm very happy to meet you all. :square:

odetosilence

Is that title too harsh? I'm pretty frustrated at the moment and I've been in software too long to be flustered by your filters.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hi! I would say you GH experience is on par for the old GH style..... Haven't had any experience with them but I also don't plan to.

You can pick up a 75 g pretty cheap. You looking for RR or just a straight tank?

odetosilence

I'm looking for a straight tank, but I want to drill couple overflows in the back. (on a budget, out of work, looking for inspiration and all) I'm putting it up against an empty staircase so I can really try out some interesting configurations if I get water out of the tank. glassholes seemed like a great idea, but I'm amazed at the hostile response. Not friendly aquarists at all.

odetosilence

I've got a 20L right now that is doing well. I think Ive got too much light on it. There is a monti cap this doing really good. The blastos seem pretty happy. Green polyps are doing great. My one little zoa just seems content. Mushrooms are hiding a bit. Stomatella snails are breeding like mad. Tiny limpets all over. Pods are pretty happy. I figured a 75 with a fish room behind it would do good things.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Lots of configurations will work, just depends on how much work you wanna do!

DaveK

... Enter Glass-Holes.com. Seems like the best Idea ever. Until costumer service... So one of the constant themes on the sales site is over $100 free shipping. Unfortunately, add more than $100, and all they say is we will give you shipping back later. I asked

"Quick question. If you went to a restaurant that you had never been to before and before they served you a $100 dinner that told you that they were going to charge you $12 and then pay you back later, would you buy, or walk out?"

Seemed a very reasonable question.

The response....

"The checkout page tells you how our site works. If you are not comfortable with this, shop somewhere else."

Considering all the major players, such as Amazon, that have free shipping don't charge it up front, I'd say the vendor your dealing with is out of touch with todays market place. I'd take there advice and shop someplace else.

Could you describe and possible diagram what your trying to do? I'm not sure if your planning the sump simply below the tank, or you want it in the rom below the tank. By knowing exactly what your trying to do, we may be able to offer a better solution.

Snid

There are many DIY methods to overflows with drilling holes in tanks. Plus, if the overflow comes over the top in the back your water line can be closer to the top.