Glasscages.com

dMiles

Is Glasscages.com a good place to order a tank from? As soon as I paint my front room(July 4 week). I will be putting together a 90 gal saltwater. Best place for a tank.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Google Them...... They have a pretty bad rap. I would avoid them if possible. What kind of a 90 you looking for? A 90 is pretty standard so you could have a bunch of options

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I know nothing about them but I know Bryan. He searched for a tank builder longer than I looked for a bride. Listen to him. Enough said.

..........used coral frags. half off.

Lee

Can't go wrong with Aqueon in my opinion. I've had tons of them, 3 of them large; a 75, 90, and 125. The overflows could probably be better, but I don't really have any complaints. I paid $380 for my 125g with dual overflows, which is dirt cheap. I think the 90g with single overflow was like $275 or so

catran

I ordered a frag tank from them and it was perfect. I have heard complaints about them, mostly about sloppy silicone. Most of the time its a question of too much silicone and a couple of people had to cut it off with a razor. I didn't have any issues though. My silicone was thick but not sloppy at all. Actually, it was as if I did it myself, plenty of silicone equals security to me.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
As others have said they have an "Iffy" reputation to say the least. I'm one of the "Not so good" feedback for them. Up until they got my credit card information I had great customer service. From that point on it went down hill like a bullet.

I wouldn't let them build me a box to hold poop let along anything I really want to LOOK at. One big problem was their overflow was TOO big and the overflow "cover" was too tall. I have to literally take it out and cut it down to keep the tank from getting too full with water. Their Quality Control is handled by Stevie Wonder........

dmatt88

As others have said they have an "Iffy" reputation to say the least. I'm one of the "Not so good" feedback for them. Up until they got my credit card information I had great customer service. From that point on it went down hill like a bullet.

I wouldn't let them build me a box to hold poop let along anything I really want to LOOK at. One big problem was their overflow was TOO big and the overflow "cover" was too tall. I have to literally take it out and cut it down to keep the tank from getting too full with water. Their Quality Control is handled by Stevie Wonder........

Don't hold back buddy!

..........used coral frags. half off.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I have a 4' acrylic frag tank from them without any problems but I did my own overflows and such and the price was good, but I have heard plenty of stories like Al's.

Funlad3

Their Quality Control is handled by Stevie Wonder........

So it's very superstitious?

I've never ordered from them, but I've seen plenty of reviews of them on line. I've seen awesome tanks that are completely flawless, I've seen tanks where the glass panels aren't touching, merely bridged with thick silicone. They're a bit too unreliable for me to get a large tank from them, and I'd be able to make my own frag tank for less money than they charge. Tank purchases are for Craigslist and LFSs. :)

dMiles

Thanks Guys. Glasscages out! Ran into a friend of mine who now works at my LFS who know a guy who has a 90 full setup,sump and all in his garage for $400.00. Good deal? Wasn't big enough for him, he now has a 175.

Willie McDaries

Their Quality Control is handled by Stevie Wonder........

:lol: that's not very nice Al....I'm sure Stevie could do a better job

like Al,I don't like their overflow boxes either,if I were to purchase a tank from them,I'd drill and install my own overflow system.....

I've actually only seen 1 of their tanks,a 240 gallon and it looks great but I have heard far too many of the horror stories too....here's pics of a tank I've seen personally,this 1 was designed to be a peninsula style,you can see the big overflow and closed loop returns on the right side,the overflow's not real pretty but it could be hidden with clever rock placement,this tank looks very well constructed,all the visible seams were clean and even,none of the silicon looked sloppy...

judging from this tank alone,I'd say they build good tanks but this is the only 1 I've seen personally

DSCN4109.JPG

DSCN4111.JPG