Girlys' new 90 gal

GirlyGirl101

Not to worry, those look more like copepods to me. Do you see them moving around somtimes?
Yes, they look like little worms. But I can't tell if it's the current or if they are bending. Should I do something about them or can I put something in there that will eat them. They are appearing quite rapidly.

GirlyGirl101

Ok, so I took another look. There aren't too many more this morning and they look as if they hair or antenna on one end.

GirlyGirl101

Hola! Alright, my snails are loving their new home and traveling all over so I got a clean up crew. Here they are!

"Feather"

"Spike"

"Feisty"

"Jaques" and he has a Lovey named "Fifi"

My son helped name them all. He's eight, they have to have names! Also, thanks for all the compliments. Y'all are great. :celebrate:

GirlyGirl101

Howdy howdy!
After my sad experience with my starfish Patrick melting and his aputation, I thought I'd share a few pictures of somewhat new residents. Pat included, pre amputation

Pistol shrimp

Gary the Goby, with cyano now under control

And of course, Patrick The Star

bluespotjawfish

Looks like fun! I would add a lot more snails and crabs. Banded trochus, blue leg crab, verity snails, emerald crabs, nassaris (sp?) etc. The ones that do the real cleaning. For the most part, what you have added won't do much to control the algae. I use about 1 per gallon of snails, same for crabs. I find in the long run it is worth it to keep my rock and sand spotless.

GirlyGirl101

OMG. Got my first zoanthids in today and let me tell you, they will be my last. Uggg. Between warding off my Foxface and getting them into the right spot where all their polyps can expand I wanted to pull my hair out! I knocked rocks over trying to get my torch coral into place with my grabber thingy. I tried to put on my shoulder length gloves but I can't operate in them well. I finally just took the plunge and had my 8 year old warn my when the Foxface got close so I could pull my arm out. I regret getting him. The clown fish doesn't charge. I am just frustrated. Had to vent a little. My zoas haven't even opened up yet. I hope they do. Their overnight flight got delayed and apparently sat on a plane for a day. Ahhh! I hope all this pays off. I love my tank but I'm just experiencing a momentary laps of extreme frustration. Any encouraging words from experienced aquarist? Or those who may be feeling the same way? Thanks y'all

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I don't handle stress well, if you can tell. [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Don't feel alone with the stress feelings, When it comes to working on my tank...it stresses me also. Glueing frags was always frustrating.
Hang in there, gradually things will seem a little less stressful. :thumbup:

GirlyGirl101

So I got some new fish! 2 Bangai(?) Cardinals and a 6 line wrasse. They all seem fine but this morning my son beat me to the tank and he noticed my Foxface has spots! Ahhhh! I checked out everyone else and they all look fine. I got Toxin, the Foxface, out and into the quarantine tank and is currently being treated for ick. I thought they were air bubbles at first since my tank does operate on a mechanical filter that makes micro bubbles. But they weren't. I hope I'm treating for the right thing. I know what ick looks like but none of the other fish are infected. Yet. Any advise???

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk