Gimmito's 450 L-shaped display

gimmito

Evening all,

I'm in the midst of setting up a 450 L-shape tank (6' x 4' x 32"). It's made of 1" acrylic in the front and right side & 3/4" on left side and back. It has a 2" tubular steel around the perimeter that is powder coated. Gen of KritterTanks built it and did a great job !

Here are some of the equipment I'm thinking of using:

Lights-400 watt coralvue dimmable ballast w/lumenbright reflectors.

Protein Skimmer-Reeflo Prokit , Royal Exclusiv Alpha 300, or the H&S 250 in sump model (to save some space).

Calcium Reactor-Deltec PF601S (keeping mostly sps w/some lps).

Denitrator-H&S 150SR (I do like fish and would like to keep some shoals of anthias, but would like to keep nutrients down).

Return Pumps- 2 Reeflow Dart Golds (I'm thinking of using a Oceans Motions or manifold).

Contoller-Reefkeeper Elite or New Apex Aquacontroller.

Water Movement-An array of Vortech Pumps and Tunze Streams.

Sump-100 gal Eco system sump (I don't know if I'm going to actually use miracle mud)

Refugium-I would like to employ a gravity fed fuge on the upper left part of the tank.

That's all for now...I would appreciate your inputs !!

Jim

gimmito

11a151251c8b4af0a5ff704d0d2931fd

Who needs a fireplace ??

gimmito

looks good, whens it get water?

Hopefully soon. Unfortunately, I'm trying to finish up a second story addition in the meantime. I hope to get this thing running by the end of the year. I'm looking at possibly going through tampa bay saltwater for the LR. It's a buck fifty for the dry stuff and it looks great.