GHL ProfiLux - Thunderstorm Settings (PLC 5.1.1.3 FW 5.11)

Sy101

How does your livestock react to the storms? Mine go into a "night time" type of calm mode but many people worry about it causing stress. I've seen no such action in my tanks with "Lightning". Have you?

I wouldn't say there to bothered, the clowns who never venture more that 6" from the anemone anyway carry on hanging around, my blue tang does dive for cover but he normally does that when the lights dim or if anyone or thing makes a sudden movement and lastly a red Scooter blenny couldn't care less!

I've decided to order a simu l stick to try and spread the light further and planning on fitting dimmable t5 ballasts next week so it's go.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sy thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. That's pretty much exactly what I have observed many Many MANY times with the "Storm" in my tank.

Sy101

Sy thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. That's pretty much exactly what I have observed many Many MANY times with the "Storm" in my tank.

Just a little update, I installed a full weather stick today to supplement the spot. It's really helped spread the light while keeping the spot in the centre gives the centre a real nice glow.
Now the thunderstorms look awesome! With a little extra light I can watch the fish during the thunderstorm which surprised me in that the flashing light had no effect on them what so ever, they just carried on acting as if everything was perfectly normal not even switching to night/ calm mode.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thank you Sy! I was hoping you'd report back those observations. If anything my fish "calm down" during the storm. As I've stated before it might also come from the gradual "dimming" of the main lights to full darkness.

Do you have both simu firing on every lighting strike or alternating?

thanks for the feedback.

Sy101

Thanks for the reponse Allen, Yes both simu are via the splitter cable so they run in parallel. Currently on the most intense setting (i like the flashing light) I'm planning on replacing rsm ballasts today with dimmable version, if everything works as planned that will be all 3 of the 10v outputs used.

On another note do you know why the manual control of lights and sockets doesn't work from the touch? I'm not sure if I'm missing something or it's just not usable yet