getting my feet wet

Reeeefers

Hey, Im just getting into saltwater aquariums and thought this would be a good place to start researching. I have had freshwater fish all my life, started a 55 gallon cichlid tank about a year ago, been happy with that but always wanted s/w fish. Well my cichlids decided to do the hibbity jibbity and had about a dozen fry so naturally I went to my LPS to buy a small 5 gallon tank for like 10 bucks and ended up leaving with a 29g biocube haha. So im raising the fry in the biocube for now and im moving in 4 months and plan on starting my saltwater endeavor then but in the mean time ill continue to soak up all the knowledge i can.

cindyp

Beware!! I had 3 cichlid tanks 2. 55 1 .29 like you I always wanted to do sw well 1. 55 is now a reef the 29 is a fowlr. the other 55 is still for my cichlids but the addiction has already taken a firm hold I started the change over last oct now I cant stop as I am shopping for a 125 or larger. my only regret is I wish I would have done it years ago..unlike fw there is always some new critters popping out of your live rock its truly amazing but and this is a BIG but its very addictive.......:tongue: read and learn all you can this is the best place to be.......

Sapphire

Welcome! :wave: This is agreat place to get advice and info.

Keep us updated with your plans! It's a great hobby (maybe not so great for the bank balance though!!)