Getting Back Into the hobby-Used RSM 130 question

parrotfish3

Well I have decided it is time to try again. After many many years with freshwater tanks that were easy and satisfying I tried a saltwater set up and it went horribly wrong and with our first child just being born I gave up and promis myself to try again. Well she is now 10 years old and I am ready to go. After months of research and remembering a tank set up I had never seen before at a LFS several years ago that almost drew me back in, the LFS burnt to the ground shortly after my first RSM sighting. Now the question, I have found a used RSM 130 that can be had for $100. Is there anything I should check out, be sure it has, does not have. Hoping to take it nice and slow and have a tank as nice as the ones I see posted all over reef sanctuary.

ausreef

make sure it has no scratches and is complete with the hood,everything else is reasonably cheap to replace/upgrade

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Back to the game ! at $100 it's going to be hard to go wrong... if you are looking for value - the RSM 130D $800 new has a few improvements

You many need to replace some pumps one day & light bulbs... to get an idea on replacement cost check out StevieT site Red Sea Max 130 & 130D - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

Best of luck, there are many RSM 130 & 130D tanks in the RSM club & lots of success stories