Get my kenya tree/GSP to grow off of back glass

vsiege

I have tried a bunch of super glues (all gel based) to stick rock, shell and propagated coral but to no avail. I can't get anything to stick to the glass for more than a week. Each time i glue a piece of kenya tree, it stick and actually loks like its going to 'take' but eventually it drops off. When I use a piece of green star polys (GSP) mantle, the glue stays on the mantle, but falls off the glass.

Can anyone recommend a non-greasy oily epoxy to stick frags and and propagated coral to the back glass of the aquarium?

If this post belongs in the equipment section please let me know.

lbiminiblue

I don't really know man, I tried once, and it was just some zap-a-gap cyanoacrylate. Now, my xenias just grew on naturally. Your best bet might be putting a frag right against the back wall.

Surfnut

Get a cheap mag-float scrubber and superglue a piece of light diffuser to the inside float's vertical edge: Usually 4 or 6 squares in total size. Glue or strap a thin piece of liverock that has your kenya tree onto the piece of light diffuser: Done.

vsiege

superglue gel works great for me...
I have tried the loctite super glue gel (all of them) and they always end up falling off

Get a cheap mag-float scrubber and superglue a piece of light diffuser to the inside float's vertical edge: Usually 4 or 6 squares in total size. Glue or strap a thin piece of liverock that has your kenya tree onto the piece of light diffuser
I think I have you right. Use a mag-float to hold up a thin material (not sure what kind of light diffuser - maybe you mean photo gels) against the back wall, then glue the frag to the light diffuser.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have green zoas, and blue snowflake polyps on my back wall and it all happened by chance, just had the rock touching the wall in a couple of places.

vsiege

I have green zoas, and blue snowflake polyps on my back wall and it all happened by chance, just had the rock touching the wall in a couple of places.
sweet. i would love to see pics. Between the scarlet shrimp, hermits and snails.... nothing seems to stay in place unless its anchored really well. My blenny is not so innocent either :angel1: