Gen-X Mak4 pumps

BoomerD

The one I bought before I had my knee surgery ended up being NOISY as H3LL!! I got p.o.'d and tossed it in a box and there is sat for a couple of months... Finally got it out and fiddled with it...turns out the noise came from a bent fan fin. Straightened it out, and it's fairly quiet. Sure moves some water! Even though a Mag 12 is rated at the same GPH, there's NO comparison. The Mak4 kicks butt, but is considerably more noisy than the Mag 12. It's probably going to be a closed loop pump for my 180.

BoomerD

Heard good things about those, PanWorld AKA Blueline pumps have apparently improved inthe past couple of years, either that, or the earlier reviews were written by hacks...never can be too sure about that! Glad you solved the microbubbble issue...

Dennis7

I have 2 Gen X Mak4 pumps, both bought at the same time. One is quiet and the other is louder like it might not be balanced. Both have been running for a year and a half. No problems with them except the one is little louder. I also have a Mak 5 pump of theirs which has been running for 9 months no problem.

Dennis7

I also have a Bluline pump which has been running for 9 months.
It's their smallest model, 480gph. Extremely quiet and smooth running, but it also runs hotter thsn the Gen X pumps. The casing is hotter to the touch.

Hooked

Dennis I have that same pump running the closed loop on my chiller and it is hot because it's not vented. The larger one I have is vented and doesn't run so hot.