Galapagos Islands

Haaileybop

My fiance and I are getting married in September :dryer: We are thinking on going to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. I was wondering if anyone has been and could recommend any cruises, tour groups, or any suggestions for that matter. I wanna go diving but unfortunately my fiance cannot dive due to some health issues. So I dont wanna go on a cruise that does 4 dives a day, while he sits on the boat waiting for me to finish. That said... it is the Galapogos Islands and I want to go diving as much as I can! Normally I just kind of wing my trips, but due to time constraints and the ships being booked quickly we want to make sure all of our travel plans are in order.

Any input or suggests would be greatly appreciated :D !

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
No help. But jealous. Sweet plans n Congrats.

........uh oh rob has tapatalk.

Brandon78

Dont know about that place, but were in Cancun for our honeymoon right now and it is beyond amazing. All inclusive, tons of attractions, scuba, snorkeling, dolphin swim, fishing, sailing, zip lines.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Never been to Galapagos Islands but just got back from St Lucia and it was the most amazing trip ever. One great thing that I think would be great for yall is that the "Dive" trips also offer a "snorkel" option with the group. It's the best snorkeling I've ever seen in my life. I swam with thousands of tangs, squads of squid and so much more and all just down the beach from our Villa.

If you'd like more info PM me and I'll get you more.

Either way CONGRATS!! :)

tommyboynj

My mother in law is an avid diver. She did a Galapagos live-aboard trip a few years ago and did island tours also. I'll reach out to her and get her advice. It will be a week or so before I hear back as she just left for a dive trip to Fiji!

lbiminiblue

My fiance and I are getting married in September :dryer: We are thinking on going to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. I was wondering if anyone has been and could recommend any cruises, tour groups, or any suggestions for that matter. I wanna go diving but unfortunately my fiance cannot dive due to some health issues. So I dont wanna go on a cruise that does 4 dives a day, while he sits on the boat waiting for me to finish. That said... it is the Galapogos Islands and I want to go diving as much as I can! Normally I just kind of wing my trips, but due to time constraints and the ships being booked quickly we want to make sure all of our travel plans are in order.

Any input or suggests would be greatly appreciated :D !
IDK i've heard people really limit the amount of cruises and tours to the Galapagos because how well everything already exists...Considering that, you could settle for an offshore fishing trip or near shore dive. i think Galapagos aren't the most tourist friendly islands just because how ecologists there have documented animals that don't run away from humans and stuff liike that and they don't want to disturb that with tourism ....

lbiminiblue

My mother in law is an avid diver. She did a Galapagos live-aboard trip a few years ago and did island tours also. I'll reach out to her and get her advice. It will be a week or so before I hear back as she just left for a dive trip to Fiji!

I stand corrected I guess it's changed.

Haaileybop

Wow you guys are great thanks for all of the input... unfortunately with all this wedding planning and work I havent been able to check my own post as much as I would like >.<

That Nat Geo trip looks awesome! Not at the right time of year though from what I can see from their site. I am totally Ok with things being limited because of ecological reason, you dont want things being ruined from us tourist tromping around! I know with going to Maccu Pitchu you need to get the licence to hike the trail almost 8 months to a year in advance.

My fiance wanted to go to the caribbean, but I have vetoed that. I have been many times and he would go on a cruise ship with a billion people traveling on it. Most of those port cities they stop at have completely lost their identity due to all the tourism. We are planning on spending a week on a Galapagos Cruise... more a yaht then a cruise. Then spend a week hiking around Equador. WEEEE I cannot wait!

We are going to go get our 8mm wet suits some time over the next week or two. He doesn't have one and I lost mine in the move :( And I will pick him up a pair of fins, mask, and snorkle. I dont think Mike realized how cold the water is down there when he agreed to the Galapagos Islands lol. Bait and switch!

lbiminiblue

Wow you guys are great thanks for all of the input... unfortunately with all this wedding planning and work I havent been able to check my own post as much as I would like >.<

That Nat Geo trip looks awesome! Not at the right time of year though from what I can see from their site. I am totally Ok with things being limited because of ecological reason, you dont want things being ruined from us tourist tromping around! I know with going to Maccu Pitchu you need to get the licence to hike the trail almost 8 months to a year in advance.

My fiance wanted to go to the caribbean, but I have vetoed that. I have been many times and he would go on a cruise ship with a billion people traveling on it. Most of those port cities they stop at have completely lost their identity due to all the tourism. We are planning on spending a week on a Galapagos Cruise... more a yaht then a cruise. Then spend a week hiking around Equador. WEEEE I cannot wait!

We are going to go get our 8mm wet suits some time over the next week or two. He doesn't have one and I lost mine in the move :( And I will pick him up a pair of fins, mask, and snorkle. I dont think Mike realized how cold the water is down there when he agreed to the Galapagos Islands lol. Bait and switch!

well if being too much of a cruise destination is the problem with the Caribbean, why not just take a plane to a bahamian island? No one tour that you have to follow, no schedule....just run on island time!