Fragging Branching Hammer & Frogspawn?

Bryanb53

I have hammer and frogspawn, both of which are of the branching variety, and would really like to frag them. After some research it sounds like the best way is simply to use a dremel or some sharp surgical type instrument to cut off a branch. Sounds simple enough, but I have never fragged any LPS and am a little curious as to what I should expect. Thus far, I've only propagated mushrooms. Will LPS respond in a similar fashion, i.e. will a new branch grow from where I separated branch or will I simply be left with a stump? Also, I have some small branches that recently formed on the hammer. Are these branches better candidates for fragging or should I go with the biggest most established branches?

smkndrgn142

I've only just started fragging, but I have recently fragged my branching hammer. When you make your cut, you want to do it on the hard stoney part of the coral. A new branch will not form here and you will be left with a stump. I feel like you'll have better luck fragging a more established branch, but someone with more experience will be along shortly to correct me if I am wrong.