Found fish in back of tank

Good news bad news scenario. Found a fish that I thought had died in the back area of my tank. That’s the good news. The bad news is this is the second time I’ve had a fish make it to the back part of my tank.

I have a kid on it and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how they are making it back there?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

It's amazing how a fish can jump through the smallest opening either in the top or through an overflow. This goes double for small thin fish like fire gobies.

About all you can do is net the fish out, put it back in the main tank, and hope it doesn't do it again.

StirCrayzy

I stood up some plastic screen mesh about an inch higher than my overflow, but still have to make rescues once in a while. This is looking from back of the tank forward.

Usually only happens a few times to new fish before they learn, and/or stop being chased by the bigger bullies.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I agree, i'd try putting the fish back in and then try to be "slow" around the tank. Most fish jump when they are scared and considering its possible the fish is fresh caught, he/she could take soem time to get used to you and the tank.

Most of my fish that did this only did it once and with that, 50% lived and the others found the carpet!