For those using 2 or more MPw ES

Setragni

My first question is would 2 MP10 be enough on a SPS 57g 36x18x21 tank be enough or should i go with a 10 and a 40?
Second I plan to run the pumps on reefcrest mode is that mode wireless compatible, I mean are the pumps going to sync on reefcrest?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I already have an MP10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
U wouldn't regret a mp40. Reefcrest is all I use.

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Wouldnt 1 MP10 and a 40 be overkill on a 3 ft tank?

1 MP40 rocks a 90, been thinking of adding a second 40 but a 10 might be better. You could always dial it down ecotechs has a chart where you enter in tank dimensions Ang glass thickness and they give you recommendations. For me they discourage 2 40's 1 40 puts my tank right in the sweet spot 1 40 and 1 10 puts me half in half out of the zone but I think that is where I'm going

Last edited:

steved13

PREMIUM
I think you'd be fine with 2 MP10s. Yes the Reefcrest will sync with 2 MP10WES. Reef crest is only available with the ES, if you buy used make sure it's an ES.

I use NTM during the day and lagoon at night.

TylerHaworth

A pair of MP10's will be perfect for a 57g tank. Honestly, I think a pair of MP10's is sufficient for nearly any tank three feet or less.

steved13

PREMIUM
IMO 2 is better than 1. When you link the 2 together it's whole different story. The second pump "links" to the first and operates in sync (both pumps ramp up or down together) or anti-sync (both pumps ramp up and down opposite of each other), the motion is incredible.

Singlefin

I had two mp10s in my bc29. They worked great. I took one out and put it in my 40b. Now I see dead spots in the sand that weren't there before. I have a ripping return pump on my 40b and the mp10 pushing towards it. I don't think one is enough. I'm picking up a used mp40 so I was wondering if I could put the mp10 back on the 29g and only run the mp40 in the 40b. Didn't want to have to buy another mp10, but looks like I might have to. The 29 has turned into a softy tank with an rbta.

Slow your roll..