Fish keep dying help!

Been 2 or 3 weeks and we have been trying to introduce another fish into our tank. Parameters are fine, tank has been setup over a year. Only other fish in the tank are Watchmen Goby and 2 percula clowns. We have crabs/snails/1 starfish,some soft corals, 2 peppermint 1 cleaner shrimp. 75 gallon setup

We tried adding all these fish in the tank at different times in the last 3 weeks or so.
Twin spot goby
Lawnmower Blenny
Salfin Tang

Lawnmower we found just a couple days later on the botton being ate by the crabs ect.
Twinspot just out of the blue was being swept around the tank in the current and seemed like he couldnt do anything.
Salfin is the most recent and just today found him on the bottom of the tank sideways still alive. He is in our refugium at the moment, doubt he will make it.

Anyone have ideas to why this is happening?

jski711

First off are u buying the fish from the same place? Second a sailfin in a 75 is a no no, too small of a tank for them. Also how are u acclimating them? More info is needed

No the lawnmower and twin spot were from one place and the salfin was from another, we also bought a cleaner shrimp which is doing fine at the same time.

Parameters - PH 8.2, Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 Ammonia 0 Salinity .23 Phosphates 2 Calcium 465. We have a remora skimmer, 2 korila 2 and 3 fans Coralife UV twist, fluval 405 cannister filter, 8 gallon refugium with 2lbs~ chaeto.

TylerHaworth

Parameters don't show me anything I would be alarmed about...

How much live rock?

How are you acclimating?

Are the fish eating?

TylerHaworth

Are they eating what you feed?

How long of a drip acclimation? Sometimes in a drip acclimation process you have to be wary of temperature fluctuations.

Are you Quarantining anything?

that is why we try to bag them in the water first to allow for the water to match to some degree, dripping probably takes 15-20 min. They are eatting when we first get them yes, we really should but arent qurantining them, but will try that for the next fish we get. The salfin was looking fine and dandy last night when he went into the tank, swimming around ect, before I went to bed he had found a nice space in between rocks which he looked like he would use for his sleepy quarters.

TylerHaworth

Your drip process isn't long enough, I'd say at least an hour for hardy fish and longer for the more sensitive ones such as tangs and angels... Osmotic shock would be my guess as to the fatalities

Get that QT up and running so you can diagnose and treat problems before they are in your display! I learned the hard way, hopefully you won't!

I couldn't begin to tell if the watchman would be attacking them... I doubt it though

jesse92

You should ask your LFS where they are getting their fish from because fish captured around alot of the asian countries and some small isands are stunned for capture using cyanide which as a result will surely kill them in the coming weeks, days or even hours

lcstorc

Unless there is a significant difference in salinity and/or temp it doesn't sound like acclimation to me.
Nothing jumps out of me as the answer but I would keep looking.
Some more specs on the tank, age, maintenance, etc would be very helpful.

TylerHaworth

Cyanide could be a culprit, didn't think of that.

With your next fish I would recommend:

Float bag for 15-20 minutes
Drip at 4 drops per second for 30 minutes
Dump half water out
Drip about twice as fast for 15 minutes
Dump half water out
Drip a tad faster for about 10 more minutes
Introduce fish to QT tank

That should be safe enough, and will rule out harassment and allow you to keep very specific tabs on your new friend!