HELP! Fish are breathing heavy

MaryAnn

I dont know whats going on with them they are all breathing heavy. .I have tested everything and all is well. . Could it be internal parisits? No sign of spots they are all eatting as they always have.. I do water changes every we.. I did treat thos morning with PraziPro will that get rid of what ever they have or should I move them all to QT?
I am so worried about them.. even my sand sifting goby is breathing hard.. I dont want to lose any of them if posible. ..

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

MaryAnn

I have and all is good I am getting water ready for a water change will I have to add more MDS

MaryAnn

I had 3 bubble tip anemone die so that could be what caused the problem do u think?

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

DaveK

I dont know whats going on with them they are all breathing heavy. .I have tested everything and all is well. . Could it be internal parisits? No sign of spots they are all eatting as they always have.. I do water changes every we.. I did treat thos morning with PraziPro will that get rid of what ever they have or should I move them all to QT?
I am so worried about them.. even my sand sifting goby is breathing hard.. I dont want to lose any of them if posible. ..

I had 3 bubble tip anemone die so that could be what caused the problem do u think?

It is unlikely that internal parasites would cause all your fish to breath heavy all at once. It was also a mistake to add the medication to your tank. This could be a big part of the problem. Never add a medication to the thank to treat a fish disease. Always remove the fish to a quarantine tank and treat there.

Yes, anemones dying in the tank will cause major problems very quickly. They can appear to be retracted, and dead or dying inside, and release a lot of decayed matter all at once.

Your best course of action is to make two or three large water changes. I would do a 50% water change ASAP, and another one several days to a week later. Do this very carefully, matching the temp and SG as closely as you can. You don't want to stress anything further.

Most likely the cause of this is the anemones dying, but check the fish carefully looking for external parasites. SW ich and SW velvet are the most common.

Lastly statements such as "... have tested everything and all is well. ..." do not tell us anything. Please post exact reading of what you tested. What seems ok to you might indicate a serious issue to someone else.

mr_tap_water

That would depend on how long been in there for rotting away, are you doseing anything, and also have you got your flow pumps pointing to the surface to help keep oxygen levels up as all these could be possibilities.
So Just based on what you're saying I would deafly do A big water charge and may be run some active carbon to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaryAnn

Well I found them behind the rocks and they was falling apart and really smelled bad.. I did do a water change and added carbon and the skimmer will it help or hurt to add prime?

DaveK

There is no reason to use Prime. It's a water conditioner for removing chlorine and so on from tap water.

In general, additives cause a lot more harm than good in a reef system. The big exceptions are the ones used to balance alkalinity, calcium and magnesium.