FiRe's BC29g LED Vortech Build Thread

Since I have been working so much in the office I never get to see my tank :(

so I am in tank withdrawl, and after getting bits and pieces from everyone I am starting to put it together.

Step 1 was cleaning off all the coraline from the glass. (btw that was tons of funnnn)

Step 2. was Rockwork. I really thought I was going to spend a month doing it but I got some AWESOME rock from Uberfrags HQ so me and Jackie Blue spent the day together and played legos with it and glued it down. In another 3 hours (I think) it should be fully cured so I can give you guys a dry sneak peak at it.

Step 3. ????

Step 4. Is going to be the creation of a stand for the office. So far I am Quuuuite pleased with my ideas as it was supposed to be done with the big tank but I backed off from doing it. I am def going to do them in this tank, surprise to come later.

Step 5. Stain and pain and perform awesome stuffs.

Step 6. Complete LED fixture built from components purchased from Aquarium Lighting | LED Aquarium Lighting « Reef Aquarium Lighting Aquarium Lighting | LED Aquarium Lighting

Step 7. Brackets to mount light to stand.

Step 8. Get Saphire skimmer running, (Picking up from Cet98, Danke!)

Step 9. Begin cycling rock. I may actually start cycling rock in the 120g

Step 10. Add Caribsea Special sand. Seed a handful from 120g.

Step 11. Figure out what to put in the tank.

Pics from Step 2.

2011-03-22221837.jpg

2011-03-22221806.jpg

2011-03-22221748.jpg

Used Loctite marine epoxy to get the rocks to attach to eachother. It states on the packaging not for use in aquarium but its the third time I have used it now.

More photos

Pics from 5-10
2011-05-10_29g_FTS.jpg

sadly this pic doesnt do it justice.
2011-05-10_29g_Rainbow.jpg

Made a lid before the fish arrived
29g_lid.jpg

My pair of Swalesi Basslets
2011-08-07_29g_SwalesiM.jpg

2011-08-07_29g_swalesiP.jpg