Finer points of the cycle...

I figured this should go in this forum, but if I was wrong mods, please move it to its correct home.

I'm very new to all of this, as some of you know. I've been doing a lot of reading, but I have a few questions about cycling that don't appear to be easily searchable.

First, I'm going to do a fishless cycle using ammonia from ace hardware. From what I've come to understand, there are two general types of bacteria, the denitrifying kind and the kind that breaks down organics like food and poop. Is that correct? If it is correct, should I also do some ghost feeding while I'm dosing ammonia, to help build up both kinds of bacteria?

Second, the timing may work out that I get my lr before the cycle is complete, a lot of it. What else, besides massive and frequent pwc's, can I do to minimize or eliminate killing the "live" in the rock?

Third, once the cycle is at its end and my nitrates are sky high, can vodka/vinegar dosing, cheato, and skimming eliminate the nitrates?

Thank you everyone!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's what I've been gathering. I was going to cycle the 200 lbs of sand, but from what I've been getting told it'll probably be unnecessary. Getting aqua cultured live rock and shipping it submerged in water should be enough to cycle my yank and keep everything alive and happy, from what I'm gathering anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk