Finally got me one!

Jwidner88

So I've had my tank for 2 weeks. She's up and running and has my "live sand" and a few rocks and snails and a few crabs running around. I ordered "the package" from TBS and it'll be here in a few days. This is new to me so any advice will go along way!

My first question is that I put my sand and crushed coral in, my lfs said no need to wash it so I didn't. Now every time I look at it I can cause it to get cloudy and several days later, it's crystal clear. My wife says I need to leave it alone. Unfortunately I don't listen and cause it to turn into a 65 gallon tank of milk. Any suggestions on getting the mess out?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

What kind of tank did you get?

It will clear again... if you want to speed it up, add some floss, then pull it & take it to the sink & rinse it under tap water, shake dry & replace... do this every several times a day.

We love pics !

Jwidner88

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

What kind of tank did you get?

It will clear again... if you want to speed it up, add some floss, then pull it & take it to the sink & rinse it under tap water, shake dry & replace... do this every several times a day.

We love pics !
I bought a red sea max c250. It's beautiful! And since I'm still learning...what's floss?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Dracko

:rbwwelc:Not sure what I am hearing here. You say up and running for 2 weeks. Do you have live rock yet? Are you getting it? for a tank that size it is an essential part of your filtration, and will need several weeks to cycle (search tank cycle in box on front page). This should (must) be done before adding a CUC as the cycle could kill much of it off. We need to know more about what is going on before real advice can be given. And again, WELCOME.

Jwidner88

:rbwwelc:Not sure what I am hearing here. You say up and running for 2 weeks. Do you have live rock yet? Are you getting it? for a tank that size it is an essential part of your filtration, and will need several weeks to cycle (search tank cycle in box on front page). This should (must) be done before adding a CUC as the cycle could kill much of it off. We need to know more about what is going on before real advice can be given. And again, WELCOME.
Already have some live rock. Richard sends you half the rock, and waits for me to call and let him know it cycled. Then he send the rest and the cuc. He's b3en doing this for ever and has walked me thru every step. He's very helpful and has a wealth of knowledge.

Jwidner88

Already have some live rock. Richard sends you half the rock, and waits for me to call and let him know it cycled. Then he send the rest and the cuc. He's b3en doing this for ever and has walked me thru every step. He's very helpful and has a wealth of knowledge.

ec7e80e55fa5a4422c48be122702b4a0.jpg
[emoji4] a true labor of love! I'm so ready to get some more life in there! In this instance tho, patience is a virtue.