Experienced my first powe outage

Experienced my first power outage

Not a pleasant experience, and I don't care to go through it again. :bouncebox I put a battery operated air stone in the tank and took off for Home Depot. I'm now the proud owner of a Coleman Generator. When I returned home from Home Depot, the power was back on. 1hour and 45 minutes seems to have caused no problems. The temp only fell about 1.5 degrees.:whstlr:

Charlie97L

great to hear you got through it! i have a yellowtop optima in my car, and a translator thing, that should run everything but lights for about 3 days... a generator's just not in the cards right now.

i'm glad everything survived ok! :)

Gina

RS STAFF
When Isabell hit here a couple of years ago, we were without power for 2 days. Used battery operated airstones for 1 of those days then borrowed Mark's fathers generator. We still have it!!

Annie742

Wow ours was out for about an hour too today. First think I thought of was my tanks LOL.
Glad to hear everything did ok.

Witfull

the car inverters are good,,as long as you dont have to leave the house,,,i can see me calling out of work for that,,,Um, i cant get to work, my fishtank is hooked up to the car~~

billyr98

haha - I am thinking about a ups for my return pump... I had my power off for 2 hours last weekend, I had to change my service cable! I was nervous as hell. But everything in the tank was fine.. Just smelled fishy in the room..

jimeluiz

The stress is always a killer.

Yet every episode seems to come out alright. I'm learning my tank is much heartier and more resilliant than I first thought. I don't want to get too complacent but those critters have not survived thousands of years on the planet because they are super fragile. When the chips are down they know how to survive.

I think if your tank is established and has a steady quality environment -- it'll weather most time-limited crisis.

That's not to say I don't freak --