EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

emvanburen

babbe28f7e3457b3e6c5724b757f5975.jpg
85460467869b230b5ea9425e932b3919.jpg

Reeftv is up and running. Setting up the camera was a chore but once I stopped trying with my Mac and used my work pc it worked. Port forwarding set so I can see it from outside. Still trying to get a video feed URL but maybe that never works. At least there is the app and the direct login to the camera in a browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emvanburen

Regarding the jumpers (thanks for the replies) it is heartbreaking. The fish all looked happy and no aggression of note. Plenty of rock. I think they get spooked and "pop"!

SPR

I've got a 'Canary' camera on mine. It is plug and play out of the box and just streams to my phone and also records and is full HD.

You just sit it somewhere and point it at the tank and it's good to go.

It auto connects to wifi and you just pair it to your phone. Works anywhere.

SPR

You sods.......Now you've gone and done it! I want one !

They are quiet good actually and reassuring! The Canary is about £125 and is basically an security/alarm as well. It has a siren if you want to use it - you can watch people feeding the fish and then make them jump through the roof by sounding the siren at 100db!! lol

Nobbygas

I've just been looking at it online. It's 119 quid in Curry's (135 euro), but in Germany the cheapest is 165 quid (189 euros) ! Another example of me probably buying it in the UK, as even with postage I'll save money !
The good news is that I can sell it to She Who Casts No Shadow as extra security for the home, when in fact all I really want it to do is watch the tank, so I may even pick up some Brownie Points :celebrate:

emvanburen

My camera was like 100 usd. I rigged a female plug to the wires in the light box. Actually ended up removing the light box completely and just screwing the cover plate directly to the stud behind the removed light box. And the camera is bolted to the cover plate. Wireless data connection.

emvanburen

dccf27c1ea8c12e9a706af056d5c10ca.jpg

Very happy to report my ATO finally arrived from spectrapure. It is now rigged and has opened up a channel for mg in my DOS. I have it in a Apex outlet but haven't decided to do anything to program that outlet yet.

It uses pressure sensors to control the peristaltic pump pulling from the basement. So far I'm impressed and it is good to have auto controlled replacement water.

emvanburen

Excited to get my Apex fluid monitoring set up. Made two cords for my two DOS units that make them think the DDR is attached and presto Fluid monitoring tiles are active.
5b82aa386da2c8410946ea259daf6c49.jpg

You can set each to the volume of your container in the DOS config screen. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emvanburen

Liking the Neptune AFS. Am on vacation with our extended family and was able to watch the tank get fed. Some online have complained about the volume of the feeder. At least you know that it's working! It is all of 20 seconds - no big deal. And to be able to trigger it remotely....priceless!

emvanburen

Hey folks, thought I would give a quick update on the tank. I have gotten into a pretty solid maintenance routine and I’d say things are going “ok”.

Regarding livestock, the soft corals are doing quite well. My clam, shrimp(2), and pls corals are all doing well.

My frags are Sps are mixed - some growing well, some less so. Colors range from good to blah.

Fish are Healthy with the exception of losses of goatfish (no idea why) and hawkfish - which really never took to feeding despite various options.

Chemistry is stabilizing in the Red Sea mixed reef parameters. Still chasing things a bit but pretty stable.
PO4 is up a bit (.08) and I’m getting some GHA so I have been increasing NOPOX dosing - am now running 7ml per day. Nitrate between zero and .125.

I’m dosing Red Sea foundation, energy and trace elements.

Systems wise, things are going well. The nyos skimmer stoped restarting after dosing trace elements - I ended up having to blow into the venturi hose to get it to start. Echotech replaced the motor block for me. Had to call however, the Email rep wanted me to send the whole skimmer in.

Neptune gear also going well. It is pretty tricked out at this point. My best feature so far has been an optical sensor on the skimmer effluent collector jug. Occasionally the skimmer goes wild and it shuts down nicely.

Having everything on Fusion is really helpful.

I am still running the lights at their starter settings. Where are the test of you with intensity settings?

Cheers!

SPR

Welcome back emvanburen!

I run the hydras just on the standard Red Sea Reef spec (as per instructions)for most of the day and then change to mainly blue around 7pm as the lights ramp down. Just because I like it that way.

On the NoPox, what you are experiencing with phosphate and GHA is exactly what happened to me and if you read my build thread you will see. Nitrates were perfect at your levels but phosphate just keep going up and up, GHA broke out and when phosphate hit 0.16ppm that was it. Installed Rhowaphos with Deltec FR509 reactor and never looked back. Phosphate is locked down at 0-0.03ppm and it's the best thing I ever did for my tank keeping phosphate down.

I know what Red Sea say about NoPox and the use of other products, but my nitrates have gradually reduced from 12-16ppm (everything was very happy by the way) by using other products in addition. I had to look into other products because it simply would not keep phosphate in check and nitrates were rising.

I currently run NoPox at 14ml per day (my Nitrate is currently around 6ppm but I'm happy at this level and will slowly drop the dose down a bit as only just getting to these levels), I have a Seachem 'The Bag' with 250g of Purigen in the sump, and I also have 2 x Brightwell NO3 Xport bricks, and of course Rhowaphos, activated carbon, and in my case the combination has everything locked down. Well at the moment anyway!

I would love to just use NoPox on its own, and would recommend it to anyone, but in my case probably due to the high bioload I needed something in addition.

And if your wondering how I beat the GHA. After adding the Rhowaphos the GHA very slowly started to die back but there was some stubborn GHA that wouldn't. So after months of frustration I added Vibrant and dosed it for just 2 doses over 4 weeks and it disappeared totally. I lost 2 Elegance corals that reacted badly immediately after dosing Vibrant but the GHA was gone, never to be seen again.