EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

emvanburen

Shocked how many aiptasia are in my pump chamber. Filefish in main display clearly having a positive impact. Are you guys seeing the same?
d0422c0bf0466224ab802c99a5d865ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pancho75

Good video! the Neptune return pump looks sleek and nice.

Regarding aiptasia in the rear pumps chamber, I do not have them. I was super aggressive against aiptasia since the beginning of my S-500. I would suggest you to turn off all pumps, take the pumps out, scrape the aiptasias then pull them out with a net.

SPR

Shocked how many aiptasia are in my pump chamber. Filefish in main display clearly having a positive impact. Are you guys seeing the same?
d0422c0bf0466224ab802c99a5d865ec.jpg

Yes I have this as well. I had peppermint shrimp at one point and no Aiptasia in the display

Is it called Darwinism or something.........

emvanburen

Good video! the Neptune return pump looks sleek and nice.

Regarding aiptasia in the rear pumps chamber, I do not have them. I was super aggressive against aiptasia since the beginning of my S-500. I would suggest you to turn off all pumps, take the pumps out, scrape the aiptasias then pull them out with a net.

Great idea but extremely unlikely to happen! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emvanburen

OK -took the first step towards setting up the Potomac Reef Frag System - got a 15 gallon tank from Petco. My plan is to drill it for a bulkhead and drain the bulkhead to the sink. I will take the 6L of water my auto water change throws away every day and dump it into the tank. That should do a 6L water change on a 15g tank every day (granted, it will mix), which hopefully will be enough to let me not have to dose anything to the tank. Going to throw a AI Prime over it set to the same AB+ settings and some flow and hopefully voila. Maybe add a couple of snails after a bit, and start putting the copious frags that I'm generating accidently by cleaning in there, plus backups of the nicer stuff I have. Any thoughts?

emvanburen

c4bb2c247edbb5f81a8bb5198660e0ce.jpg

Drilled my first hole in glass. Went great. Didn’t explode!

Pancho- the frag tank will take my daily auto water change waste of 6L and do a water change with that. It will drain in, and push a corresponding 6L out to the sink. Every day. Via gravity. Hopefully it works!

TaraOzz

How do I know when my tank is cycled and I can start putting my fish in? Do I just test my levels?

I am new to this group and fairly new to reef tanks. I have a 13 1/2 gallon tank but I'm moving them to a 55 gallon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk