EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

emvanburen

Sorry for the horrid blue photo but we have some new colors in the tank!
faaeef2884dc2bb2a8675b5b070a3bff.jpg

Not sure what the orange is (probably Montipora digitata) but the purple is Stylophora.

Overall things are going well. Alk dosing keeps rising so growth is occurring.

A bit of cyano on the sand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

emvanburen

I

I was viewing your posts when I noticed a nice looking NOPOX Container I believe? If that is the case, where did you get it and how is it working for you?
It is a Voss water bottle, glass. I got it from a restaurant which was serving us Voss. I got a bag of empties. It works great and is now my Alkatronic reagent container. I stopped using NOPOX as it took my nitrates to zero and didn’t drop phosphates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPR

23a382aaaecd3665e4ccef43613ca6bf.jpg

Ok these are all RAW shots from my Nikon. Still a lot to learn on capturing good images. Shaun what’s the trick?

The tank looks great!

Whats the secret, skill,artistry, panache, I don’t know! Lol

I have the Canon EOS 750D with standard lens for many shots, but I also have a Canon Macro lens for very close up. Unfortunately these aren’t cheap. A tripod is a must to stop camera shake and unfocused shots when close up

I can also talk to the fish which is a great help, and when I say ‘smile’ they normally do and stay still for a few seconds......

Last edited:

datahoe

It is a Voss water bottle, glass. I got it from a restaurant which was serving us Voss. I got a bag of empties. It works great and is now my Alkatronic reagent container. I stopped using NOPOX as it took my nitrates to zero and didn’t drop phosphates

Wow, I never thought to try and use that. So what are you using in place of NOPOX? Your tank looks amazing by the way. Many of the fish you have I also plan to stock in mine. I’m making sure all my parameters are stable prior to adding anymore fish or coral. Would love to use something else besides NOPOX for nitrate and phosphate control.

emvanburen

I can also talk to the fish which is a great help, and when I say ‘smile’ they normally do and stay still for a few seconds......

See I knew there was a trick!

I got a new prime lens that has macro capability but it isn’t really a macro. Was asking Santa for the Nikon 105mm macro but decided to hold pending trials w the other lens. I think a macro is going to be needed.

I’ll have to bust out the tripod. Have been trying to get by handheld. With a small aperture the shutter speed is too low though.

Regarding the nopox discontinuation - I have been running gfo. I dosed Brightwell nitrate for a bit to get nitrates up to about 5ppm. Phosphate runs between .02 and .06 with gfo. Right now I’m shooting for .03 ppm as a target.

I have a spare channel of dosing but for now am holding fast.

emvanburen

Santa treated you well!! Your tanks looks very nice.

Thank you! We are away from it now in Vietnam which is amazing. Instagram at evanburen - I’ve already posted fish pictures!

Getting my twice a day alk update is nice. Really more comfortable with that bit of tech. Merry Xmas and happy new year!

Pancho75

Thank you! We are away from it now in Vietnam which is amazing. Instagram at evanburen - I’ve already posted fish pictures!

Getting my twice a day alk update is nice. Really more comfortable with that bit of tech. Merry Xmas and happy new year!

Merry Xmas my friend!!!

emvanburen

Thanks Pancho! Happy new year everyone - I guess I get to go first all the way in Vietnam.

This is just so cool I had to share- have made a few small increases to my alk dosing to keep this pretty stable. Amazing technology.

63b4edefffe96c64e597aadd7c121f9f.jpg

emvanburen

Got to go snorkeling today. Fields of leathers. Lots of tabling acros, porites w Xmas tree worms, fungia littering the ground. Saw a few bright green acros and leathers. Most were more muted. It was like being in my tank! Had to share. Sorry no pictures.

Pancho75

Got to go snorkeling today. Fields of leathers. Lots of tabling acros, porites w Xmas tree worms, fungia littering the ground. Saw a few bright green acros and leathers. Most were more muted. It was like being in my tank! Had to share. Sorry no pictures.

Awesome, it sound really nice, I always like to think we all own a little piece of ocean in our tanks.... and I think it was far funnier and safer than putting your head inside your tank! Lol

Nobbygas

You have to learn to dive. You'll see 100% more when you dive !