EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

Pancho75

Hello everyone! In between college visits, Scandinavian vacations and work, the tank progresses. The fan addition was a huge success. Painted black, it holds the temp perfectly.

Battle with Xenia trending in my favor since the addition of a hemostat instead of tweezers. The rings on the handles make dropping it into the tank less likely and much easier to hold. Shocker since it was made to be used inside of people! Serrated jaws grab Xenia well. Much harvesting has occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scandinavia? that is cool! how was it?

emvanburen

Pictures soon. I am on a college visit with my oldest son.

Scandinavia was very hot - Europe was hot this summer. And there is no AC there! We had a great time anyway!

emvanburen

Thanks for the kind words. The cyano is annoying but I ordered Chemiclean so I’m sure it will decide to recede before I use it. Like carrying an umbrella to prevent rain.

My two birds nests are getting richer in color, and my alk just dropped a ton so I’m guessing things are getting happier and growth is resuming. Now I’m looking at moving some larger corals to better balance things out. The birds nests need serious pruning....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emvanburen

Ok just added the Alexa skill ApexFusion. Now have hands free ability to control the tank.

Alexa, tell Apex Fusion to remove Xenia.

Alexa, tell Apex Fusion to kill aiptasia.

Seriously, this skill exists and lets you get data and log tests and control outlets.

emvanburen

It is a three front war now. Added Chemiclean to go after the cyano that just won’t leave. Skimmer is going crazy but it’s not overflowing with that valve all the way open. Really love this Regal INT skimmer! Lots of bubbles everywhere but so far no adverse reactions from anyone.
f9b92bf4824a75304d7f04606db1065e.jpg

8a9b1f3ce0c63dc48e0b41dcad4dfa37.jpg

038c6ca1668d2495a9155a5f29d02301.jpg
FTS.
fde88cbab1eb229bc065d22011de4f0d.jpg

Also have added Neptune moonlights. Mounted on aluminum bars. Pictures will follow.

Last edited:

emvanburen

There is a shot of my aluminum moonlight bars.
5c590e719e9d9d5e39d1f8ba32f2aa39.jpg

They fit between the hydras and look very stock. I simply removed the leds from the Neptune boxes and siliconed them into holes drilled into the tube stock. That way wires are not visible from below.

The tank is doing well. Cyano is 99% gone and sand looks great. Coral color getting better weekly. I suspect the higher nitrate (only real change) is contributing. Growth is back on and alk consumption is up. Critters seem happy.
f5a78b847ec3a5eebca4d0a835aa384f.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

SPR

There is a shot of my aluminum moonlight bars.
5c590e719e9d9d5e39d1f8ba32f2aa39.jpg

They fit between the hydras and look very stock. I simply removed the leds from the Neptune boxes and siliconed them into holes drilled into the tube stock. That way wires are not visible from below.

The tank is doing well. Cyano is 99% gone and sand looks great. Coral color getting better weekly. I suspect the higher nitrate (only real change) is contributing. Growth is back on and alk consumption is up. Critters seem happy.
f5a78b847ec3a5eebca4d0a835aa384f.jpg

Cheers!

Very nice!

Pancho75

It is looking great, I am sure not only the critters are happy my friend.

It is amazing how a little more nitrates help fighting cyano, dinos and helps coral growth. [emoji41]

emvanburen

I love the pic with the clown fish!

Thanks Pancho!

Did some modifications to the aquascape to make the right side look less like an apartment complex. Here is a shot.

bd7a9907d23bdbacc59ed8b81e4a1acb.jpg

And a hermit crab took advantage of my day of aquascaping to hang out in my family room for easily 8 hours on the floor. Stepped on him later, dropped him back in the tank and he waved in thanks. Amazing creatures.

Last edited:

SPR

Thanks Pancho!

Did some modifications to the aquascape to make the right side look less like an apartment complex. Here is a shot.

And a hermit crab took advantage of my day of aquascaping to hang out in my family room for easily 8 hours on the floor. Stepped on him later, dropped him back in the tank and he waved in thanks. Amazing creatures.

Well that looks great!

Pancho75

Thanks Pancho!

It is looking super good my friend. Regarding hermits, what can I tell you? they are really crazy creatures!

What is the orange/pink coral you have in the right edge?

emvanburen

This weekend I rehabilitated my ro/di unit. Added another stage so now I have sediment, chloramine removing carbon x 2, the max cap di and silicabuster di. Also added a flush valve and replaced the membrane. Whew!
5a3268c890abb237c67d268f777e9d46.jpg
9aa7705790cc2a25afb117e44cbc67ea.jpg

I think I will need to add a booster pump as my pressure is on the lower side of things.
4cd0ea1cf0158731eee4439b20240a92.jpg

A few more bits and we will be fully upgraded!