Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED

DaveK

Here is the problem I have with these bulbs. Nowhere do they tell you how many and what kind of LEDs are in use in the bulb. This makes them difficult to compare.

The also don't tell you how the light spreads out. This can be important with LEDs since they tend to be very directional.

The are priced at about double what you'd pay for a good T5 bulb, so you'd get payback in under 2 years. That's usually enough to justify something.

However it is a retrofit. It's never going to be as good as a new high end LED fixture, especially in control of the lighting. The price is right though, so they might be worth trying, especially if your T5 fixture is fairly new and your not in a position to just upgrade the T5 fixture. The upside is that you can always go back to the T5 bulbs.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ on why they can't publish their specs... sure someone with a Spectroradiometer (few have one though... they are 5K +) will be running some numbers... if you find that, post here, I would be interested in seeing them

Last edited:

Fshlvr

The payback is what I'm looking forward too, and the easiness of the whole thing. They come with a 3 year warranty also, which is why I'm highly considering.