Euro braceing 75 gallon tank

Matt27

Anybody euro brace a tank? I'm thinking about euro bracing a 75 gallon aquarium that I had to remove the frame due to the center brace cracking all the way down the frame, and getting a new one shipped to me is gonna be $180. The front and back glass is 3/8 but the sides are 1/4, is that normal? Also would 1/4 inch glass work for the euro brace? 1/4 inch would be $120 while 3/8 is $250 and obviously not gonna be worth it. Lastly, tempered glass or not?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Euro racing is just another fit of helping the glass stay together and not starting to separate. It’s about contact area and the strength of you silicon. The thicker the glass, assuming it’s eruobeaced on the inside of the tank, helps. Sitting on top, thickness matters less

DaveK

There are a few places online that sell replacement frames. This would be a much less expensive option than trying to eurobrace a tank.

Even at $120 for the glass, the $180 new tank might still be the better deal, since it's new and ready to go.

Personally, I'm not too fond of eurobraccing since it makes working on the tank and cleaning under that top edge difficult.

As a note, with all the virus stuff going on at the moment, getting anything might be difficult and take a long time.