Epoxy needed for final touches

Rick76

Ok... so after having to take my aquascape apart due to being overwhelmed with polyps - I decided to rebuild using a floating reef aquascape ( which I have always wanted).

Just a few final touches needed.... I need a reef safe expoxy similar to polygem, which can be moulded underwater. Any suggestions? I don't need to cover large areas - just a small small gaps.

Here's what I have so far ... all DIY custom acrylic [emoji16]

125e4d38f7ed3f5ab663557939412d4a.jpg
55f5ba3991f2766ffa267c0131325eef.jpg
897f9cec8f3b4dbe835b5d7f2413b521.jpg
528299dc80ee1aa48ad2070e869710a1.jpg

cracker

Hello Rick, I "think " any 2prt wil work as along as it's properly cured. I'm not positive so, I really like the floating scaping.Where did You get the clear rod? Thanks

Rick76

Hello Rick, I "think " any 2prt wil work as along as it's properly cured. I'm not positive so, I really like the floating scaping.Where did You get the clear rod? Thanks
Hi Cracker,
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure whether there was a more substantial epoxy out there.

The rods I got from eBay! I spent ages ringing acrylic companies... with very little success - then good old eBay came to the rescue. The whole platform is held up on a single sheet of acrylic with 4 rods propping it all up.

2 part shopping today then lol

cracker

Thanks for the Ebay tip. I've also had problems finding the stuff. I will check it out now !

spiraling

FWIW, I didn't have any luck with two part. It came apart almost immediately. I used one for the aquarium, but not the one shown. Also avoid hydraulic cement. It works great at first but deteriorates in about 6 months.

Sweet rockscape. how many gallons?

Rick76

FWIW, I didn't have any luck with two part. It came apart almost immediately. I used one for the aquarium, but not the one shown. Also avoid hydraulic cement. It works great at first but deteriorates in about 6 months.

Sweet rockscape. how many gallons?

Thanks for the advice - still trying various options lol

I only have a small tank - 45 gallon, but it still manages to sink an amazing amount of money. Still even after 4 years it amazes me how much I have to learn [emoji16]

e7f237caba4241f54bacfdafd598d5a4.jpg
a2b7170276d012161ae70bcc9a82af9d.jpg