Durso on a eshopps nano overflow

zchauvin

In order to put a durso, the entire area would have to be full of water and the elbow of durso inside chamber of u tube. Would this be a problem, other than a higher water level in box?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
If you can fit it in...

If you just need to quiet it down some, try a valve on the drain line. Preferably a ball valve.

....Secret Super Hero....

zchauvin

Well there's only around 80gph going through and its rated at 200, makes an aweful gurgling noise. I'd hate to put a valve and it get clogged.

sk8rdn

zchauvin said:
Well there's only around 80gph going through and its rated at 200, makes an aweful gurgling noise. I'd hate to put a valve and it get clogged.

Honestly, if its doing less than 50% capacity, it'll make noise. Period.

Either bigger pump (more flow) or restrict the downward flow with a valve.

If something is gonna clog that pipe, it will without regard to the valve restrictions...

sk8rdn

zchauvin said:
Yeah I planned to get larger pump either way thanks

I have an both an over rated pump, and a ball valve on my drain line. They didn't have any gate valves at home depot, so I got what I could.

I just close it down just enough to raise the water level in the box to create a "full siphon" effect. Dead quiet.

Also, make sure you pipe ends under the water line in the sump to eliminate splashing sounds.