Duncan Placement

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
I just bought a Duncan frag today and Im not sure about where to place it. I currently have in mid level in my tank. My tank is 24" deep so its about 12" from the top. I have a 6 bulb t5 fixture and the flow in this area is medium. Will it be ok here or should I move it higher or lower. I just fed it some Mysis shrimp so it's already feeding 4hrs into being in the tank.

Thanks

engineer goby

Ok thanks guys I moved it to the bottom in my sand bed. Anymore I don't make a move without first consulting this forum.

dmatt88

Ok thanks guys I moved it to the bottom in my sand bed. Anymore I don't make a move without first consulting this forum.

U will notice that depending on the flow you will have different lengths on the skirt too. How bout those pics partner?

,......im Matt n i support this message

ChrisY

Mine is about 1/2 way up and seems to like it with a light current. At least it seems so to my one frag which now has 5 new ones around the rim. :)

engineer goby

engineer-goby-albums-corals-picture21555-duncan.JPG
I placed it on the bottom I hope the flow isn't to strong there I will keep it there for a week and see how it does. Its 1.5 Inches tall got it for $14. I love the frag tanks

engineer goby

thank you. I already fed them and they took the mysis. I was told to feed them once a week and they will grow like wild fire.

dmatt88

Very nice dude. What's ur name. Engineer is so formal....

,......im Matt n i support this message

ChrisY

Lol. Mine take anything I give them. mysis, brine, cyclops etc. I feed them a couple times a week.

engineer goby

Cool Chris, I'm already excited about feeding mine again.

Really good meeting you Matt you've already helped me out a bunch. I should of mentioned my name awhile ago or atleast update my signature