Do you see a problem with this scenario?

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
My mated pair of clowns have decided to host my Gonipora. The Goni seems to be tolerating them, but hasn't opened up to it's full glory. Do you think it will get accustomed to the clowns? Or... do you think there will be a problem?

Click image to watch video clip.

bluespotjawfish

Wish I knew. My hammers tolerated my previous clown. My mushrooms tolerate my large maroon clown. That is all I know about. Probably not much help. Sorry.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
The goni might get used to them but I would keep an eye on it. Since they are sensitive corals to begin with, the aggrivation of the clowns can not be good.

Jorgens

Man I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, if you end up having to break up the relationship there.

Good Luck!!!
:thumbup:

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Man I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, if you end up having to break up the relationship there.

Good Luck!!!
:thumbup:

I know what you mean... I have a huge piece of live rock covered with huge frilly mushrooms... I was sure the clowns were going to host them. I guess you can never predict their behavior or preferences.

The funny thing is at night when the Goni closes up. The pair of clowns sleep cuddled together on the sand in a corner of the tank. They love to spoon! I'll have to get a picture one day.

jg2269jg

My maroon clown tried to host my goni and my goni got its butt kicked it never opened up the same after until it finally bit the big one. not a good pair i found out the hard way

woolfe

I have the exact same senerio in my tank. Six months & so far so good. The clowns do seem to annoy it but not enough to keep it closed. Most of the time that is. Sometimes when they really spaz out it does close up totally.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Here's an update... everyone seems to be happy!

DSCN0756.jpg

DSCN0757.jpg

saltwaterfarm

I am glad it's working for them. Since my Gonipora closes if you blink at it wrong, I am suprised... Everyone definitely looks happy!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
As long as the Goni is healthy it shouldn't be a problem. Many corals will actually grow much faster with hosts as their will usually be a consistent food supply for them, that was the case with my Frospawn.
BTW the Goni looks great, are you target feeding it ?

burning2nd

i just picked up another Goni,

its purple with orange dusters, with-in 10 min of being added it was open nicely...

2 parts of the tips where a little dead... but ive had my eye on it for 4 weeks now... so i know its not that bad....

your tank looks very nice tho

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
whats up jfk i ve been having a similar prob lately, my anenome has been shrunken for about 4 months so my clown has been sooo bored.He has been hosting in my bubble coral.somtimes it distubs it but othertimes he is fine.My clown is very aggressive and likes to thrash around ,i think that has one thing to do with why the anenome doesnt come out anymore.
He is just too violent, and he doesnt give feedings either he is greedy.

Good luck with your goni. i hope my bubble does ok now that he has a new tenant.

heres a pic of him being a nussance(sp)?

clownnbubble024.jpg