DIY water changing/mixing station

cracker

On my water supply I have a valve on the filter it'self. You could put a valve before the supply to the filter. open the vanity door screw on the water supply to the filter open the valve, make your water, close the valve. remove the hose stash the cart.. Hope that makes sense.

saintsreturn

Thank you bud! [emoji1306] sounds like my new setup is a trip to Home Depot away lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cracker

ok here is my on/off valve for my filter. it could be worked into the cold water supply under a vanity.

saintsreturn

Sent you a pm cracker. Thank you all for the feedback! Life just got a whole lot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

I also use a T on my laundry sink, and highly recommend getting one with internal valves , those cheap little inline push connect ones have a tendency to leak after awhile holding back higher pressures.

saintsreturn

Ok so a little obvious note for anyone reading, when you get some great advice and pictures from folks on here, make sure you have the same setup before buying anything lol. I will be moving the washer since my sinks have compression fittings[emoji23][emoji23]

saintsreturn

Ok so a series of issues finally worked out with pictures coming soon.
1) bought the y and it only fit the washer connections
2) couldn't mount to the wall due to the angle
3) didn't fit on the washer due to the threading size
3) bought a washer hose to extend it
4) washer hoses are female to female
5) used the o ring to make the y fit to the washer
6) used a hose extension to run from the y to a mount on the wall
7) about 20 gallons made to date and counting

saintsreturn

So the bad news but good news! Water is just about half done (have to share time since the wife wants clean clothes[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])
The cart sucks. I mean doesn't roll on carpet and already split the supports. It works but not like I wanted.

So revision number 9001 is to mount the unit above the current hose and run the drain into the washer drain. Then remake the cart to support just the container and eventually just carry the bucket since j won't need this much water in 1 shot. It did NOT like carrying 45g of water lol

MatroxD

So the bad news but good news! Water is just about half done (have to share time since the wife wants clean clothes[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])
The cart sucks. I mean doesn't roll on carpet and already split the supports. It works but not like I wanted.

So revision number 9001 is to mount the unit above the current hose and run the drain into the washer drain. Then remake the cart to support just the container and eventually just carry the bucket since j won't need this much water in 1 shot. It did NOT like carrying 45g of water lol

What about something like one of these.. Maybe for smaller amounts..

http://m.harborfreight.com/welding-cart-65939.html

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Gorilla-Carts-3-cu-ft-Poly-Yard-Cart/4363199

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

saintsreturn

Good ideas there! We will see what ends up playing out. To soon to tell.

Hopefully the last time the cart is used as is, but hey it did the job [emoji1][emoji1306]thank you all for the input ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458368424.239153.jpg

MatroxD

Good ideas there! We will see what ends up playing out. To soon to tell.

Hopefully the last time the cart is used as is, but hey it did the job [emoji1][emoji1306]thank you all for the input View attachment 45562

Very true.. All great ideas and devices come from an original thought and concept.. Your "revision 1" was awesome, and I know I for one, had been thinking about it for a long time.. Your project put "reality" to it, and whatever you decide to do, I'm interested honestly for my setup..

So yes, it worked wonderfully.. Now, on to "mark 2" of the project! [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

saintsreturn

Ok all. I figured I would update the group. The apartment doesn't have hookups I could use so I tapped my washer line and mounted the filter to the wall. Got a 20 gallon trash can and added the caster base. scrapped the whole wood setup as it broke transitioning from "wood" to carpet.

I am going to try to engineer a setup for the power strip, heater and pumps. But for now it's manual. Thank you all for your input and feedback

saintsreturn

42ee05383f474800f483f1082149f801.jpg
making water so I thought I would share. Doing a slightly heavier water change than planned for the new tank and a 20% on the frag tank before I break it all down