Diving in Guam

Jiddy

Im currently on "vacation" in Guam and while i was here i got scuba cert. and took some snap shots with my Canon A610. To me the experience was a once in a lifetime rush of amazement, it was literally like finding a new world under the water. Ive encountered seaturtles, fish ive seen in the hobby, fish ive never seen before, fish i wish were in the hobby and creatures i swim very fast away from.

Ive danced with clowns in there anemone, ive been bit by triggers in there territory, ive learned you dont try to invoke lionfish (the hard way) and while doing all this ive taking some photos i would like to share with you.

Jiddy

Theres are a collection of skunk clowns in there yellow-tipped pink anemone, they where photographed off the Gab-Gab Beach.

Attachments

• Picture 161.jpg
    Picture 161.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 165.jpg
    Picture 165.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 166.jpg
    Picture 166.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 168.jpg
    Picture 168.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 176.jpg
    Picture 176.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 62

Jiddy

Heres a few more

Attachments

• Picture 169.jpg
    Picture 169.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 171.jpg
    Picture 171.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 173.jpg
    Picture 173.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 175.jpg
    Picture 175.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 61

Gina

RS STAFF
Thanks for sharing it with us! Sounds like your having a great time. I hope to give it a try some day.

oldsaint

Sounds very cool. I'm jealous. I got cert in 1980 but really only started diving regularly about 3 years ago. If you ever get a chance to go to Aruba do it. It's very inexpensive and they've got some great reefs.

Jiddy

Gina, you have to try it, its literally like swimming through an aquarium as a fish, its the thrill of a lifetime with activities going on EVERYWHERE

Saint, i love diving, isnt it great! What i really wanted to do was make it to Palau while i was here, but i couldnt swing it, ill keep Aruba in mine, where else have you dove

Witty, i would give more but you havent lived up to your half of the deal. And ill be home at the end of the month.

***this Thread Will Not Recieve Any More Pictures Thanks To Witful Not Showing A Full Tank Picture, Sorry For The Inconvienance***

Thks
Not Mgmt

Last edited:

KimPossible

Beautiful Jiddy. I didn't see anything like that in Oahu....maybe cause' I was snorkeling :D
I'm gonna get certified that way I can experience so much more of the ocean.
Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.
Dang it Witty! What is it going to take to get that full tank shot outta ya?
OOoohhhh Travis...... get the calupra whip out....:angel4:

Icebox

Wow, jiddy Great picts. You must be having a blast. Last year this time I was is Cozumel, Mx. The diving was just amazing. I wish I could be back there right now. :) Hey enjoy the rest of your vacation, and take lots of picts so when Wit gets around to his side of the bargin, we can see more. :)

Kim, Snorkeling is great, but diving is just night and day different. I can not hold my breath long enough to swim down and really hang out watching something I spotted. You can see it from a distance, but when diving, you get to put your head right there, and watch just as long as you want.

KimPossible

Kim, Snorkeling is great, but diving is just night and day different. I can not hold my breath long enough to swim down and really hang out watching something I spotted. You can see it from a distance, but when diving, you get to put your head right there, and watch just as long as you want.
I can't wait!

oldsaint

Saint, i love diving, isnt it great! What i really wanted to do was make it to Palau while i was here, but i couldnt swing it, ill keep Aruba in mine, where else have you dove
Yes, I love to dive also. If I could make a living at it I would. I haven't been to many place out of the country, only Aruba. I did some diving in key largo, a couple of spots in sarasota, crystal river which is freshwater but you get to dive with the manatees, that was fun. I liked Aruba the best, because all the dives were drift dives. You jump in the water and the guide goes with you half way and he swims back to the boat and drifts with the current. When you start getting low on air you pop up and he comes and picks you up.
We got a special thru one of the airlines. It was 1500.00 for 2 round trip tickets and 6 nights in a resort hotel. I can't remember how much the dives were but they weren't much. If you ever go use Clive at Dive Clive. Small boat only about 6-7 divers at a time on the boat.

coraldynamics

RS Sponsor
I am so jealous! I spent some time on Guam (note it's ON Guam not IN Guam) as a teenager (Air Force Brat Here) and that is where I fell in love with the world beneath the waves.

I have longed to go back and kept in touch with a few folks that live there...they have had some nasty storms and other issues lately so I am glad it has not completely destroyed the diving areas.... Oh to be young and return to the island.

Hafa Adai

Witfull

***this Thread Will Not Recieve Any More Pictures Thanks To Witful Not Showing A Full Tank Picture, Sorry For The Inconvienance***
guess i gotta pony up a pic...for RS I will~