Devons Manly Aggressive Mantis tank build

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
So, if your shrimp is named Barbara Waters, does that mean that you are trying to say that your shrimp is old, wrinkled, opinionated, and bossy? Lol.

....Salt Changes Everything....

sk8rdn

Built347 said:
No just a woman.... lol

I agree... But watch where you throw that "old" description around at. They take it personally... :poof:

....Salt Changes Everything....

Built347

That's awesome!.. I'm gonna set up a 10 in the fishroom for Fw snails.. that will save my cuc.. :)

Built347

Well.. everyone is doing great... she still hasnt eaten the picasso or the bg chromis.. all is good in the hood.. :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dmatt88

So ya got off the bike to update uh well nothing. U got the monti garden goin in that 180 monster yet.

........... we cut living things into pieces. sheez

Built347

Lol.. not quite. Montis are looking great though.. n both brains are looking good too.. i have no complaints other than my starfish.. everything else couldnt be better..

bmplank86

Ahhh Devon..............this makes me want to build my mantis tank so much more now. I just dont' want to go out and get another tank when I have a 45 (36x12x23) sitting empty. I just feel like it's too skinny :\ maybe if I helped build the cave so the enterence is facing the left or the right?

Built347

Ahhh Devon..............this makes me want to build my mantis tank so much more now. I just dont' want to go out and get another tank when I have a 45 (36x12x23) sitting empty. I just feel like it's too skinny :\ maybe if I helped build the cave so the enterence is facing the left or the right?

The tank size is more for volume from what ive seen.. kindof a dirty creature so u need some volume to keep things stable.. once you get a cave in place your mantis will rarely stray more than a few inches from the opening.. except when feeding of course..

Built347

If u can yes.. if it were me id go with a 20g sump tho.. 10s are absolute junk. Also 10g of extra volume doesnt really warrant all of the work of building it