Dendro's

woolfe

Here's a site with awesome deals on Dendro's and Duncan's. These corals go for $100. bucks a head at my LFS. I want to get a few of the dendro's but can't find much info on them. Anyone have any experience with them?

Amadeusb12

Very good seller! my rics and dendros are doing great. The dendros stay open all day and eat like lions. I love the color they add. Worth the price IMO.

B

charlesr1958

Are we talking about Dendronepthia? If so, what are you feeding them and how long have you had them? I ask because these, as far as I know, are notoriously hard to keep. The longest I have heard anyone keeping one alive is about a year or so. The average though is just a couple of months.

Chuck

vdituri

The Duncans must be become more available. The places around here are selling them for $40 per polyp.
They look great. Maybe down the road.

Amadeusb12

Dendrophyllia, not the carnation coral. Those are very hard to keep. By the time you feed them enough to keep them alive your phosphates are too high. You can hang them upside down from a ledge. That is the only way I kept mine alive for a few months.

The Dendros I am talking about resemble sun corals, except they stay open almost all of the time and can be aclimated to reef MH lighting over time. I think they are awesome. But you have to target feed em to keep them real happy

B

vdituri

Yowsers! Just saw Duncans for $25 per polyp! They also had Dendros for $40 per polyp. Guess I have to go shopping now.

DaveA

Very good seller! my rics and dendros are doing great. The dendros stay open all day and eat like lions. I love the color they add. Worth the price IMO.

B

Amadeus, what specificially were the Dendros? Were they Dendronepthia or Dendrophyllia? Are they still alive? How do you care for them?

Dragonne

Dendrophyllia.

There has to be a way to stop the confusion between dphyllia and dnepthia, maybe by using those terms? hehe

PS: I have a dnepthia in my reef going on a year now with low phosphates in the system (.25-.5). I do have a good amount of macro algae in the fuge that is likely keeping it in check. In any case, my white-base orange-polyp dnepthia is doing quite well so far without a "constant phyto drip" like many references recommend they need (crossing my fingers every day). My reef always has particulates floating about in the water (much like a real reef if you've ever been diving) and good current throughout, which may be helping with it's feeding. It will stretch itself into the current up to 12 inches long at night, and reduce down to 4-6 inches during the day (I'm assuming to stay out of the light).

and now... :threadjack:

symington

I have a 12 gal tank, just starting out, tank has been up and running for 4 months now, it has been going great, bought a DENDRO last month and since my tank is so small when i feed the fish the extra peaces of shrimp floating around the DENDRO grab it and have been doing really good, i bought it from a local shop for 60 bucks for 7 heads there are now about 10 heads, ill show you some photo's

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook

MSA ALR

Yowsers! Just saw Duncans for $25 per polyp! They also had Dendros for $40 per polyp. Guess I have to go shopping now.

lol, I was giving out 3 head frag away for dad's on Father's day. Guess I should have held onto them longer.