HELP! Deltec mc500 in a RSM250

Bullafca

Hey all..

im really having big problems to get my deltec mc500 running probably in my RSM250..

i have read al treads with all the tips and settings but notting wil work.. the waterlevel have now is around 4 stripes and the hight from the skimmer self on his highest point.. I’m also running a ATO.. but 1 day it’s completely full with wet skim and the other day there is almost nothing in it.. I have the air valve between 1 and 2 o clock..

like i said I can’t let it work to get a nice dry skim.. hope somebody can give me the golden tip

thnx in advance already because I’m this close of trowing it out and start looking for another skimmer..

DaveK

I can't help you specifically with this, since I have never owned a deltec mc500 skimmer, but I can tell you don't panic, skimmers, even the best of them, can be finicky to setup, especially on a new installation. I'd recommend setting it up so it doesn't seem to skim much or even nothing at all and then about one day apart, slowly change it to attempt to increase the skimming.

You will also often find that when a skimmer is first put on a tank it will skin a lot of almost clear water from the tank. That isn't necessarily bad. Just dial is back a bit and keep going.

After awhile, your skimmer will be spot on, and it will work fine.

Bullafca

I can't help you specifically with this, since I have never owned a deltec mc500 skimmer, but I can tell you don't panic, skimmers, even the best of them, can be finicky to setup, especially on a new installation. I'd recommend setting it up so it doesn't seem to skim much or even nothing at all and then about one day apart, slowly change it to attempt to increase the skimming.

You will also often find that when a skimmer is first put on a tank it will skin a lot of almost clear water from the tank. That isn't necessarily bad. Just dial is back a bit and keep going.

After awhile, your skimmer will be spot on, and it will work fine.
Thnx for the reply..

I read om so many forums that people having issues with this skimmer in combi with the rsm250 so hoped that someone here could help me out.. so far I tried with a ato to keep the water level steady at 4stripes in the tank.
Put the air valve position on 2 o’clock like the manual says.
Moved the skimmer almost from top to bottom position (with time between to let it settle) and just found out there is also some sort of plate next to the collection cup on the left side that should also be for the waterlevel so trying that one out now..

Attachments

• 2364EBC4-2CF6-4F8A-8D7E-F060836063D8.jpeg
    2364EBC4-2CF6-4F8A-8D7E-F060836063D8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited: