Deltec MC500 for RSM 250. Still the best skimmer solution?

gmckay

About to pull the trigger and ordering up the Deltec MC500

I have the aquarium in our living room, and the noise is appreciable...akin to the refrigerator running when the compressor kicks in.

So, based on the reviews of the Deltec, seems that this product is both quiet and performs quite well.

Any other skimmers hat I should consider?

Note...the original RSM WORKS REASONABLY WELL....just the noise issue that needs to be addressed.

On another note, I can't seem to find any online retailers that have any in stock.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Interesting... I did some googling and find not one retailer with them in stock... this leads me to think maybe a new model is soon to be released or the same model with some improvements, both would be a very good thing. What everyone else think?

Look forward to your review when you get one...

I used a Euroreef Nanoskimmer.. I'm very happy with it.. Someone was selling a Deltec, but it was missing it's lid.. Check some older threads.

gmckay

So I called the Deltec rep here in Canada.

Asked why there was no stock of Deltec skimmers at retail, and it is because of a fire at the factory where Deltec skimmers are manufactured.

Lucky for me, the rep had one in stock and sold to me for $450 with free shipping.

I will write up a review when I get My hands on it.

can u hook me up the number is as well? I would like to get one as well at good price.
So I called the Deltec rep here in Canada.

Asked why there was no stock of Deltec skimmers at retail, and it is because of a fire at the factory where Deltec skimmers are manufactured.

Lucky for me, the rep had one in stock and sold to me for $450 with free shipping.

I will write up a review when I get My hands on it.

salty23

gmckay, thanks for the review!
May I ask what do you keep your water level in the back at? Because I have the same skimmer but I have to sit the cup very high up and cannot close the back lid to maximize my bubbles and the skimmer performance.
However my water level is 2 down from the top.

any advice?

gmckay

gmckay, thanks for the review!
May I ask what do you keep your water level in the back at? Because I have the same skimmer but I have to sit the cup very high up and cannot close the back lid to maximize my bubbles and the skimmer performance.
However my water level is 2 down from the top.

any advice?

My water level is at 5 down from the top. I found the wier adjustment to be the most important however, it is down quite a bit. And the air valve adjusted to between 1~2 o'clock seems to give me the best result.

Did your skimmer quiet down after you first started got it?