Defective impeller in different models of brand new RSM 250 pumps

Danreef

Hi all

I am writing this posting to share with all an issue that I had with the impellers of brand new Red Sea Pumps:

For the fourth time I received a RSM 250 pump with a defective impeller. The first 3 times the pumps affected were the skimmer pumps. All of them were replaced at no cost by Red Sea. In these pumps the impellers had a crack. I realized about this, because the first pump, brand new from factory stop working because the magnet was rusted as a consequence of the salt water in contact with it. This misshaped the impeller and stop rotating. Replacement pumps were sent by Red Sea and all of them had the impeller cracked. Finally they sent me a brand new impeller with no crack.

This time I ordered a brand new RSM 250 pump #1 to have it as a replacement pump. When I opened the box today I discovered that the impeller was defective (impeller with a crack).

I have the impression that this is a systemic problem and even when Red Sea have been very responsible each time I contacted them, the factory quality control problem is not solved.

See Attached pictures

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
What bad luck, never seen this before in the club except your post, hopefully Red Sea can correct ! Nice to know they have always replaced them when reported, one would think they have reported this to sicce

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Danreef, We are very sorry for the inconvenience, Please once again bring this to the attention of Red Sea USA and I am sure they will resolve this, I will bring this to the attention of senior Red Sea Management and I am sure we will take the matter up with the pump manufacturer.

Thank You again for bringing it to our attention.

Danreef

Good News !!!

I just talk with Marineandreef.com. Explained the problem and my conversations with Red Sea and they are sending right away a new impeller with a return label for the faulty (cracked) impeller.

Nice Customer Service !!!

I will update now US Red Sea of this excellent resolution of my problem. But still, I agree with Red Sea Kev, this issue needs to be discussed at other levels to check what is going on in the manufacturer factory.

As always a nice and fast resolution of a problem from Red Sea and the shops that sells their product.

Daniel