Decorator crab

brucewrs

Well,I bought a cool looking one yesterday.It had orange sponges all over it.This morning I looked into my tank and I have no more Kenya trees...:(
Then I found the crab and all of my Kenya trees.He stuck them all over his body..I cant get a picture because he keeps hiding..I read that they are reef safe.I think the Kenya trees will still grow on him..Very strange..

reefmasta

haha, similar story. i have eagle eye zoa's in my frag tanks and once in a wile i would see little colonies of 4-5 heads floating around in the tank and colony looks great. so i was happy i thought they were just letting them all go for some reason and then yesterday i found another clump that wouldnt come off the rock and so i put it in good light and it moved!! i never knew tat crab was in the tank. but they are reef safe they will take plants, corals and many other objects in the tank for camo. pretty neat though.

Sapphire

sorry about your corals guys, but that's so cool!

I think I'd sacrifice some softies for a decorator crab!!!

Would love to see some pics if you can ever get some

TonyV

Sound really cool. If you want some more Kenya Tree you can have it for free. just pay for shipping. I have tons of frags. of it ready to go to a good home.

brucewrs

Sound really cool. If you want some more Kenya Tree you can have it for free. just pay for shipping. I have tons of frags. of it ready to go to a good home.

Thanks Tony but no more Kenya trees for me..LOL The crab will just take it..

brucewrs

See all of my Kenya trees on him.They are closed up because the light was off.I turned on the light right before the pictures were taken..Also some green star polylps.The star fish and crab fighting over a silverside..

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

carmexx

Awesome Pics! That serpant star looks exactly like the HH I just discovered in my tank. It hides under a rock and all I can see is 3 black and white tentacles. Yesterday it took some krill under the rock.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Love those "walking corals" :)

I have had my banded serpent star 2 years and it's about 12" now, tip to tip. It's never bothered anything, other than the food that ends up on the bottom. Excellent CUC.