db75Reef's RS Reefer 350

db75Reef

Hello everyone,
I own a 2 year old RS Reefer 350, but very poorly maintained (shame on me :() and now near total collapse (dying corals and massive white spot infestation for fishes).
I finally decided to make right investments ($$$ and time) and try to revamp and bring it to a "dream tank" level (or at least as close possible). This thread will be my journey towards this goal.

Lesson learned 1 - maintain equipment in great condition; After 1 year without maintenance, my skimmer was nearly useless. Spending an afternoon and a lot of vinegar, here it is :

Bubble Magus Curve 7 - as nice as new :)

Much more clean up to come
IMG_0653.JPG

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS !

Beautiful tank ! Cheers for starting a tank thread & sharing !

index.php

db75Reef

Time for a new hanna I think :lol:
miracles happens every day... so my test seems to repair itself - now works just fine - that missing line of screen works. In my opinion is the way is placed in that plastic box - have to push the cover rather hard to close it, which is not good for lcds; but by keeping it outside the box, stress on screen is gone, so works again

db75Reef

Already more than 2 weeks in my tank, eats from second day and looks happy.
First copperband I ever saw with round belly :) and already take food from my hand. It is a small one, probably the smallest I saw ever in shops, but bought it because saw him eating;

Feeding - always from water column (floating pieces)
Day A - pieces of clams
Day B - enriched brine (spirulina) + AquaForest FishV
Day C - mysis

Krill - too big for him, but try to byte them; Bloodworms - spill them out really fast and not interested. Dried, artificial food - no way

IMG_0945.JPG