Danny's 90g reef

danny254

This is my 90g 48*18*24

DSB- silica and aragonite sand
~130 lbs of LR

Lighting- 2 250w DEMH lighting 10k ushio on Icecap ballasts.

Circulation- Mak4 main pump, returns into 4 seperate small flare nozzles (the loc-line ones) and 2 maxijet 1200 powerheads on a natural wave timer.

Water changes- I try every two weeks, but in reality averages three weeks, that is going to change soon ;) with Reef crystals or Instant ocean salt. The salts are the same...

Sump/refugium- 40g breeder.

Topoff water- from a 3 stage RO unit.

Temperature control- CSL 1/5 hp dropinstyle chiller and a 250w titanium heater both on a Medusa dual-stage controller, kept about 80 degrees.

Skimmer- aquaC ev-120 mag5 pump.

Calcium/Alk- b-ionic, almost done making Ca reactor though.

Other additives- none

Corals- Mostly SPS

but a few mushroom type species, Sarcophyton, Plerogyra sp. GSP, and Zoanthids

Last edited:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Nice!!
I would love to study your sump area! Do you have everything under the tank? I'm trying to figure out a way to get a chiller under mine but I have no room. .... thanks for any pointers! :)

reefrunner

Contributing Member
The montipora something looks like an orange digitata to me ;) Tank looks great! That blue sponge is killer!!! I particularly like the Sarcophyton elegans, so many have had problems with bacterial infections with them, but yours looks sweet!! Do you ever frag it?

danny254

Woodstock,

I have the chiller next to the tank, in a 3 sided box that matches the stand and canopy, the pump is behind the tank, outside in a box on the outside of the house along with my RO unit and topoff container.

This is all I have in the stand

danny254

Kevin,
Thanks for compliments and Montipora ID (I didn't know that the digitata come in that form), As for the Sarcophyton I have never fragged it, I've always been too scared. :rolleyes:

Danny

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks for the sump picture Danny!! I would like to be able to use additional space but can't. Nice set up you have!