Craziest Acans you've ever Seen

These (mostly the first one) are THE coolest corals I've EVER SEEN! If I could get my hands on them I would (but I can't). I saw the first ones, called dragon skins, for sale for $600 for that exact piece. Enjoy...

You need to see the larger pics at the web page so be sure to click the link!
(for some reason I can't post them any larger, don't know why???)

Pictures from: Smokinreefs

Dragon's Skins
4djpg.jpg

Satan's Breaths
orange-ring-acan-feedingjpg.jpg

Pictures from: Smokinreefs

Actually, they were NOT photoshopped, but they were at a swap that I went to, so they are real, and they are really really expensive. They were snatched up quick. Everyone in my area is waiting for the owner to grow more, as he saved one frag for himself...

Phreek

I believe they are real, but highly doubt the coloring is not tampered with. The saturation is evident. Great looking acans even if their not that bright in person.

ACRONUTS

I beg to differ with you Phreek. I do have acans that are that wildly, gorgeously colored like the ones shown above.

michael_cb_125

While I have seen acans that are amazingly colored, and acans are some of the corals with the most diverse coloration, I must agree with Phreek on this one.

I believe that the colors are probably very close to that in person, but it is obvious that there has been some touch up on these photos.

~Michael

it also could be the type of lighting in the tank that could enhance the bright coloration of the coral. It also helps to have a great camera

Tab964

Some pictures just amaze me. Not to say which are real and not real. I take pictures of my corals and my Canon seems to enchance certain colors more than my Fuji. I think this is more common in digital cameras. Not to say the Acans are not very pretty and great color but they may have had certain lighting at the show or the picture taker's camera did enchance certain colors. I take pictures of my orchids all the time the flower will be a nice orange with light blue veining but with a digital camera the color will be an intense red the a deep plush blue veining. Not my doing the camera enchanes.

K L R

Some pictures just amaze me. Not to say which are real and not real. I take pictures of my corals and my Canon seems to enchance certain colors more than my Fuji. I think this is more common in digital cameras. Not to say the Acans are not very pretty and great color but they may have had certain lighting at the show or the picture taker's camera did enchance certain colors. I take pictures of my orchids all the time the flower will be a nice orange with light blue veining but with a digital camera the color will be an intense red the a deep plush blue veining. Not my doing the camera enchanes.

Same thing with my canon

see

No photoshop just my canon on macro
IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

theres more but that was just some

MSA ALR

its not fair to compare the first picture to the rest of them. However, it may have been touched up. The orange is really bright in contrast to the how low the white balance setting must have been in order to pick up the white color of the crush coral