Courtney's Red Sea Reefer 350

Courtney

Is it worth using Seachem Purigen with the CPE like one bag CPE and one bag Seachem Purigen or just use both bags CPE.
As i see Seachem Purigen helps remove ammonia, nitrites and nitrates so maybe one bag CPE and one bag Seachem Purigen.
Joyce sorry to hear about the tang, I think that tangs are quite hardy fish well mine seems to be after all mine has been through as he has been moved from
our old house to our new one and then transferred from one tank to another a;so now my fish are going through a mini cycle caused from the tank transfer.

redsea reefer

Yes, Purigen is worth using. Use 2 bags of CPE and one Purigen(100ml comes/w bag). Make sure you gently rinse the CPE until the dark powder stops from the running water, give the Purigen a rinse also.

Courtney

Ok so would i put the two CPE bags at the bottom and the Purigen on the top or CPE, Purigen, CPE or is this just a stupid question?

Courtney

Once i get the CPE and Purigen i wouldn't just remove the stock carbon as i suppose it would contain bacteria so i would just take one carbon out and put a
CPE in like glenn said in a earlier post then a few weeks later remove the second carbon and then add the other CPE and the Purigen as I don't want to screw my tank up if i remove or add the wrong thing to quickly.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
as i suppose it would contain bacteria

no worry on this account... your LR has like maybe 90% of all your bacteria and your sand & water the rest... something like that... your carbon bag... has little to no bacteria that matters...

But it's good to ask... show you are a smart cookie & are thinking this all through !

Courtney

Why thank you sir lol although i feel i am a noob in the grand scale of marine fish keeping :dummy:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
When I started... I asked a LOT of questions too :eek: and the members of RS and the RSM club were so nice to help me learn, I try my best to pass along that helpfulness !

Courtney

You are doing a good job passing on information and everyone on RS is so helpful i have learnt a lot in the short time on here.

Courtney

Just why im in the question mood what is a good RO unit to get as i had an old 2 stage filtration one but i think they have moved on and are allot better?

Courtney

Put some more nori in the tank once i had soaked it in garlic and my tang hasn't stopped eating it since i put it in. Also just ordered my CPE and Purigen and my Selcon and vitachem
so that should be with me in a few days and now im just looking to get a RO unit and a chiller. I was thinking of getting a Teco TR10 chiller with built in heater and UV what you guys think?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Put some more nori in the tank once i had soaked it in garlic and my tang hasn't stopped eating it since i put it in

Cheers & Congrats !!! :woohoo:

Good new on getting the CPE and Purigen and my Selcon and vitachem ordered - your tank will thanks you ! On the chiller I don't think I would pay any extra for UV...

On the UV :read: this post http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/45307-uv-u-me.html

On ro/di units in UK - check this out.... http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/68523-ro-units.html